Yellow beard, not eating

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
But I can still use the heat lamp side of the whole thing correct? (Because we have the Zoo Med dual heat lamp/uvb set up). But just leave the uvb coil light off?
Yes I would throw the UVB coil away- you wont use that again --- you want a basking light that keeps surface basking temps 105-110 for a baby and your good UVB you have now- w/ 2 digital probe thermometers -- w/ that lighting and temps he should thrive w / a good diet of salads and insects and worms as well -- super or horn and BSFL are a great staple for babies as well

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad to hear you got digital probe thermometers now, so the temperatures should be much more
accurate. How is he doing?
The compact/coil isn't really doing any good & many times does more harm than good.
Did you get the tube Arcadia D3 12% for him now? That is what the picture showed, so I am just
double checking.

Tracie

RobertKirk

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Retro
Yes we bought the digital thermometer and the new Arcadia uvb light. He sat in the light/basking spot all day. And happily drank water, I dropped onto his head. But did not want a cricket or baby food. He went up to his cool spot, early for him and was asleep by 7:00. I’m hoping he’ll eat tomorrow and plan to give him a bath in the morning.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Maybe try some different feeders, dubias, hornworms, silkworms, bsfl,ect. They can be super picky about what they will eat. Soft bodied bugs like hornworms or silkworms a lot of times will bring them round.(i didn't go back and reread the thread, if thats already been discussed just ignore me lol)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Terrific, it sounds like he is enjoying his new lighting if he basked under it all day long! I hope he
is starting to feel better. Let us know if he decides to eat something for you!

Tracie

RobertKirk

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Retro
Tracie-
We gave him a bath yesterday and while giving him water fed him a cricket. I did buy worms and tried to give him one yesterday, but he wasn’t interested. Will try again tomorrow.

Still not eating much or pooping much, but as soon as he does go and I’m home (it’s fresh) I plan to take it in for a parasite test. So hopefully soon.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor guy, hopefully his appetite will come back soon. A fecal exam would be a good idea,
if you can get one. Has his colors been good, with no black beard?
Keep us all posted on him!

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom