Yawning? Multiple times a day

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I agree, that is what my beardie looks like pre-shed. You'll see a difference in a couple of days. You'll start seeing "odd" behavior which you'll quickly get used to as your beardie aids in shedding- the yawning, beard puffing- eye bulging. My beardie hates to shed more than a day if she can help it, so she spends ALL day doing the aforementioned in addition to scratching against everything in sight. I get tired simply looking at her but I just leave her along and let her do thing.
Not too weird you out but Rocky looked like yours yesterday- the beard was "thick" in person- it has a gray tinge to it. And we just got home from a trip, and this is her when she first got up this morning to now 2 hours later. (Ignore the reflection of the TV LOL)

Attachments

• 20220724_055328.jpg
    20220724_055328.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 20220724_071044.jpg
    20220724_071044.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 60

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I agree, that is what my beardie looks like pre-shed. You'll see a difference in a couple of days. You'll start seeing "odd" behavior which you'll quickly get used to as your beardie aids in shedding- the yawning, beard puffing- eye bulging. My beardie hates to shed more than a day if she can help it, so she spends ALL day doing the aforementioned in addition to scratching against everything in sight. I get tired simply looking at her but I just leave her along and let her do thing.
Not too weird you out but Rocky looked like yours yesterday- the beard was "thick" in person- it has a gray tinge to it. And we just got home from a trip, and this is her when she first got up this morning to now 2 hours later. (Ignore the reflection of the TV LOL)
This would be a good time to spray her in the tank -- take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush the loose stuff off her

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
This would be a good time to spray her in the tank -- take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush the loose stuff off her
Thank you for this advice. The picture is old at this point. Rocky rubs it off himself. The full shedding takes one day and I let him do it. Do you recommend that I do it in the future? I thought I only needed to do it if it got stuck...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you for this advice. The picture is old at this point. Rocky rubs it off himself. The full shedding takes one day and I let him do it. Do you recommend that I do it in the future? I thought I only needed to do it if it got stuck...
When it gets dry and crackly like that I take the toothbrush after them w/ wetting it down - it scratches them and Blaze likes it - so its up to you

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom