X ray of my beardie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So my fiance found a second vet and ran everything by them. They are happy with everything we have done so far for Liz and did not tell us to change uvb lights. As of now we are trying to get her to poop. She has gotten used to my fiance being the one to handle her for all the things she doesn't like so we are changing the routine up a bit. We will have neighbors checking in on her every couple of hours while we are work to make sure she doesn't get onto her back.
The vet told you to keep the coil??

Abutton

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Liz
I wasn't there for the conversation only what my fiance told me. I think that they are ok with it because we take her outside too.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I wasn't there for the conversation only what my fiance told me. I think that they are ok with it because we take her outside too.
Coils are bad ---- I cannot stress this enough --- the only thing working in this dragons favor is by you taking her outside --- I would strongly recommend getting rid of the coil -- its doing more damage to her --- please shut it off and replace w/ what I recommended --- I would not listen to what that vet is telling you -- more bad advice that they have done no research on these coils

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I couldn't agree with Karrieree more. There was a thread a week or so back of a beardie that was going due to a coil. Also a coil does not fan out so the beardie get no benefit unless it's right under it. Which leads to another problem. The uvb is super concentrated and is oft times to intense so the beardie won't spend any significant time under it.

Abutton

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Liz
I would like to thank everyone for all of their advise on this post. Unfortunately Liz has crossed the rainbow bridge today.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would like to thank everyone for all of their advise on this post. Unfortunately Liz has crossed the rainbow bridge today.
I am so sorry- uvb is extremely important ---correct uvb - coils are inadequate -- so many die under these uvb's

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that.
This forum has a great community, if you feel like you need to talk or need friendly support just reach out.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom