X ray of my beardie

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The the $900 vet bill we just paid up grading is going to be a bit. It's planned out just not affordable. We got our bearded 4/30 from PetSmart so we are unsure how old or age. We go have a 36 inch by 30 inch That can hold 45 gallons started to be built just waiting on. Things to cure before it's pet safe.
I think petsmart dragons are 5 to 6 weeks oldish i would base age off that (that's also allowing he was small, i dont see many bigger beardies at the chain stores)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I don't see any breaks, but sometimes they can be hard to see, especially if it is just a hairline
type of break. The hipbone areas look somewhat light in color & not as bright white as other
areas on the x-rays. That would indicate fanning or thinning on those areas so the bone strength
would be compromised to some extent.
He just started dragging his back legs? What type of calcium are you using?

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I see -- ok
You want a long tube UVB --- I would get this as soon as you can -- your dragon is young and needs the UVB for his bones hes growing - and they can grow fast -
24" fixture for a 40+ gallon tank this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb keep it for a back up Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood you will need this bulb for a 40 + gallon 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
or this one you can find this one at Pet Smart they started carrying them
24 watt Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood 12% bulb
you also need 2 digital probe thermometers for accurate surface basking temps -
Zoo Med Digital Thermometer one for the baking side and one for your cool side of the tank
this stuff I have posted is crucial to the over all health and behavior --
make sure your using a solid clear bright white basking bulb please - no off white or colored or daytime bulbs - examples of bulbs would be Flukers - Exo Terra Intense - Zoo Med Repti basking or Arcadia Halogen
please get him / her moved into a bigger tank
when you get the UVB please post back on here and I will help you get it set up for the tank - the screen is doing to determine where the UVB goes

Abutton

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Liz
Hello,

I don't see any breaks, but sometimes they can be hard to see, especially if it is just a hairline
type of break. The hipbone areas look somewhat light in color & not as bright white as other
areas on the x-rays. That would indicate fanning or thinning on those areas so the bone strength
would be compromised to some extent.
He just started dragging his back legs? What type of calcium are you using?

Tracie
Fluckers powder on all crickets. Did pick up a liquid one same brand. Our water is also high in calcium too

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor baby, how long have you had it and when you say it was stuck in the net did you mean the hammock ? You're doing a good job posting all the pics, can you post a pic of the size of feeder insect you use next to your dragon ? He may be impacted as well as have a slight fracture [ not that I can see but can't be ruled out ] or may have strained his spine falling or jumping from the hammock or the cave, especially can this happen when the uvb is not strong enough to facilitate calcium absorption.

Abutton

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Liz
So we got our beardie 4/30/22 and it is the grass net not the green mesh. There was a poop on Saturday it was mostly liquid but hasn't gone since then. Has been fed small crickets due to size. Vets tried pinching a toe and there was no response.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So we got our beardie 4/30/22 and it is the grass net not the green mesh. There was a poop on Saturday it was mostly liquid but hasn't gone since then. Has been fed small crickets due to size. Vets tried pinching a toe and there was no response.
Please get rid of the grass hammock - it sounds like he might of gotten his nail caught in it causing the injury- if you want to keep a hammock I would lower it and get a cloth or a fleece one
www.etsy.com or www.pamperedbeardies.com

Abutton

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Liz
Due to loss of use in back legs we've changed everything. Took out the net got a lower water dish that holds less so less risk of drowning. Switched to meal worms not crickets.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Due to loss of use in back legs we've changed everything. Took out the net got a lower water dish that holds less so less risk of drowning. Switched to meal worms not crickets.
Please no meal worms for a staple feeder ---- more risk for impaction - they have a outer shell that is very harsh on babies and young ones stomachs and w/ him having back leg issues thats not good --- please get a staple feeder like dubia roaches or BSFL or silk worms --- those would be better --- if you need websites for them I can post but please no meal worms -- are you feeding salads?

Abutton

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Liz
Will flying salads across cage. I haven't been able to find roaches small enough around me to get them.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Will flying salads across cage. I haven't been able to find roaches small enough around me to get them.
Will flying salads across cage. ? I am not sure what this means -- posting some websites for you
www.dubiaroaches.com go by the chart on the website - you dont want to get roaches any bigger than the space between his eyes you can also get nutrigrubs or BSFL from here - I would get medium for now unless hes big enough to eat the large they are small --- please dust the roaches 5 x per week w/ calcium D3 only one time per feeding - he needs to be fed 2 times per day -- here is a website for nutrition
ignore the kale info its a great staple feeder Nutrition Content
I am not sure about the bowl I am posting for you its to keep the bugs in the dish and I dont know if he will be able to get in it or up to it but I will post anyway you look at it and see if it will work https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
it is best to get your insects on line especially in winter --- we had a lot of people on here a couple of winters ago not being able to get insects because they were relying on the pet stores -- it is also cheaper to get them on line - please set up a 10 gallon aquarium and get the roaches I would order around 200 of them and feed them dubia food w/ some dubia dew for hydration and offer the roaches the things you feed the dragon --- please do not feed the dragon carrots if your feeding the roaches carrots too much Vit A -- I feed my roaches in the evening before lights out that is when they come out to eat and then in the morning your roaches are gut loaded

Abutton

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Liz
Will flying salads across cage. ? I am not sure what this means -- posting some websites for you
www.dubiaroaches.com go by the chart on the website - you dont want to get roaches any bigger than the space between his eyes you can also get nutrigrubs or BSFL from here - I would get medium for now unless hes big enough to eat the large they are small --- please dust the roaches 5 x per week w/ calcium D3 only one time per feeding - he needs to be fed 2 times per day -- here is a website for nutrition
ignore the kale info its a great staple feeder Nutrition Content
I am not sure about the bowl I am posting for you its to keep the bugs in the dish and I dont know if he will be able to get in it or up to it but I will post anyway you look at it and see if it will work https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
it is best to get your insects on line especially in winter --- we had a lot of people on here a couple of winters ago not being able to get insects because they were relying on the pet stores -- it is also cheaper to get them on line - please set up a 10 gallon aquarium and get the roaches I would order around 200 of them and feed them dubia food w/ some dubia dew for hydration and offer the roaches the things you feed the dragon --- please do not feed the dragon carrots if your feeding the roaches carrots too much Vit A -- I feed my roaches in the evening before lights out that is when they come out to eat and then in the morning your roaches are gut loaded
So Liz with fling salads or any greens across the cage. Right now I need a slow moving bug for Liz to eat due to the back half not working.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So Liz with fling salads or any greens across the cage. Right now I need a slow moving bug for Liz to eat due to the back half not working.
silk worms --- they are a good staple feeder but are kinda spendy -- your best bet is the nutrigrubs -- he will eat a lot of them as he is a baby / juvie ---
the dubia roaches website has the nutrigrubs or you can go here www.symtonbsf.com and the silk worms here are some websites for those - you can feed both
Shop - TC INSECTS please look at all the shipping on these websites some are high

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post a pic of the crickets ? Sometimes what the stores sell as small are not quite small enough. I hate to bother you about it but pics are pretty important. It's good that you moved things to make it easier for him to get around, good idea. I know this is hard to deal with so just do your best, it's rough when vet care is so expensive and you have a serious problem.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom