wrong dosis of antibiotics

Rocky.s

Original Poster
Hello I gave my bearded dragon the wrong doses for two days the antibiotic is enrofloxacin 50mg/ml he was supposed to be given .04ml but instead was given .4ml
his black beard comes and goes what do I do? do I wait for him to poop?

Last edited:

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
i'm not really sure. if it was me, i'd be giving some charcoal and probably hold off on the next dose. but that is purely a guess, no actual medical experience at all. @Drache613 is probably the best one for you to talk to. she is on very late at night though. (well late for me, i'm pacific time and i know she usually responds after midnight or so my time.) it would help if you could post what dose you gave and what dose it was supposed to be to save time of her having to ask you.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh my, that is quite a difference in dosing.
For now, cease all doses of the Baytril right now so he can get it out of his system.
As Hdochow suggested, if you can get some activated charcoal to get into him. If you can't get
any of that you can try mixing & blending up some parsley, cilantro, basil, oregano & mint or at
least a few of those to get into him to help with detoxing.
Also, keep him warm overnight night, around 75-80F to help boost his system. Is his beard black
all of the time, or does it come & go?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Rocky.s

Original Poster
Hello,

For now, cease all doses of the Baytril right now so he can get it out of his system.
As Hdochow suggested, if you can get some activated charcoal to get into him. If you can't get
any of that you can try mixing & blending up some parsley, cilantro, basil, oregano & mint or at
Also, keep him warm overnight night, around 75-80F to help boost his system. Is his beard black

Tracie
I will do that right away. Yes the black beard comes and goes, he is still basking and yesterday he was walking around the house like he used to
I’ll keep you guys updated

Rocky.s

Original Poster
Hello,

Tracie
do you know by any chance how much of that I should give him? .04 ml?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have activated charcoal now?
Yes, the dose isn't exact but I can give an estimate. What is his weight?
Get about 1/8th teaspoon of the charcoal powder & mix it with 5 or so mls of
water. Then, weight up to 150 grams or so, you can give .02ML If over 150
grams up to 300 grams give .05ML.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

Rocky.s

Original Poster
Hello,

Do you have activated charcoal now?
Yes, the dose isn't exact but I can give an estimate. What is his weight?
Get about 1/8th teaspoon of the charcoal powder & mix it with 5 or so mls of
water. Then, weight up to 150 grams or so, you can give .02ML If over 150
grams up to 300 grams give .05ML.
How is he doing today?

Tracie
we couldnt get charcoal but we did the smoothie with all the greens you mentioned and he pooped today:) i will continue to help him detox but black beard is gone!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news! I'm glad to hear you made him a detox smoothie then. You can give him another
if you would like, just to detox him a little more if needed because it wont hurt him.
At least his black beard is gone! :)

Tracie

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom