Wound/Sore on chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pareeeee

Hello
Auzzie just had a shed, but on one small spot on her chest it came off like a scab instead of normal shed skin - and there is a sore there where it peeled off(kinda looks like a hole)

I have put polysporin ointment on it - I hope that's ok. I think I read before that you can put polysporin on sores. It doesn't look infected really, it's pink, but it sure looks sore.

Please let me know if there's any other thing I should do other than washing it and putting this stuff on it.

Thanks

PS: what could have caused this and how do i prevent future shed sores?

mwrinkle

Two things you don't help your beardie shed by pulling it off do you? Sometimes if the skin comes off before its ready it can leave a raw spot. Second thing to consider is possibility of mites if you go to the site http://www.suncharmers.com and look under mite madness, you will see a photo where the the skin pealed off the head of a collared lizard that was infested and the owner didn't realize it. The mites had been embedded under the skin feeding all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom