Worrying Condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gholme94

Original Poster
We recently just went on a trip for the weekend, and when we left, our 13 year old beardie looked good and healthy. Now that we are back, she is super pale, with a black beard and wings. She looks much skinnier than when we left, and she is really struggling to poop. She can barely open her eyes and her breathing is very shallow. We tried putting her into water to see if she was dehydrated, and she gained some color but not much. Does anyone know what may be happening?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 99

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
We recently just went on a trip for the weekend, and when we left, our 13 year old beardie looked good and healthy. Now that we are back, she is super pale, with a black beard and wings. She looks much skinnier than when we left, and she is really struggling to poop. She can barely open her eyes and her breathing is very shallow. We tried putting her into water to see if she was dehydrated, and she gained some color but not much. Does anyone know what may be happening?
She does not look good and the color is not good --- here is some info on what a dying dragon looks like -- I hate to haft to post this but I wanted you to have some info and what to look for @Drache613

I am so sorry :cry: I hope I am wrong
SIGNS THAT A BEARDED DRAGON IS DYING

• Their skin looks grey or dull looking – but they are not shedding.
  • They become lethargic, uninterested and unresponsive – but they are not in brumation.
  • They will stop eating.
  • The eyes appear sunken or droopy.
  • They may spend more time in the cool end.
  • If they are attempting to move they will may drag themselves along – This can be distressing to witness.
  • They appear to have “given up”.
  • Their breathing will become very shallow.

Gholme94

Original Poster
She does not look good and the color is not good --- here is some info on what a dying dragon looks like -- I hate to haft to post this but I wanted you to have some info and what to look for @Drache613

I am so sorry :cry: I hope I am wrong
SIGNS THAT A BEARDED DRAGON IS DYING

• Their skin looks grey or dull looking – but they are not shedding.
  • They become lethargic, uninterested and unresponsive – but they are not in brumation.
  • They will stop eating.
  • The eyes appear sunken or droopy.
  • They may spend more time in the cool end.
  • If they are attempting to move they will may drag themselves along – This can be distressing to witness.
  • They appear to have “given up”.
  • Their breathing will become very shallow.
We thought this may be what was happening, thank you for your input and time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom