Worry eased

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was starting to get worried with how long Mushu was brumating but today he/she is up and about. I was prepared for brumation but didn't think it would last as long as it did almost 5 months. Does anyone else find that time odd. My other beardies never brumated for that long.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes 5 months is long--- did you take her out and give her water or weigh her during that time? How is she acting now? Has she eaten even a little bit taken in any water? It may take her a while to get her appetite back so feed her as you would but she may not eat alot --
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Glad she is awake :) she looks good.

5 months is a long time but it's not unheard of. I bet you were excited to see her awake!

-Brandon

Aolsen1989

Original Poster
KarrieRee":aeejb6uq said:
Yes 5 months is long--- did you take her out and give her water or weigh her during that time? How is she acting now? Has she eaten even a little bit taken in any water? It may take her a while to get her appetite back so feed her as you would but she may not eat alot --
Karrie

He/she got one bath a week during and didn't really lose much weight and started eating a little bit within a few hours of getting up.

Aolsen1989

Original Poster
Claudiusx":avco3h1j said:
Glad she is awake :) she looks good.

5 months is a long time but it's not unheard of. I bet you were excited to see her awake!

-Brandon

After talking to my uncle who used to breed dragons he said that all my experience with them was in a warmer climate (BC in Canada) winter is short and not too cold. Now I'm in Alberta long frigid winters he is thinking that could have something to do with it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds good I would just keep an eye on her and keep her hydrated and and as long as shes eating basking and pooping and not losing weight she should be ok --- make sure your UVB is not expired
Karrie

Aolsen1989

Original Poster
UVB was replaced last month as per my replacement calendar I have going . As of this morning his/her behaviour is the same as before basking well running around. Mushu even started waving at me this morning after eating albeit a smaller than normal meal.

Aolsen1989

Original Poster
KarrieRee":w9evn46c said:
Mating sign--
Karrie
Probably from my experience. But I haven't even properly sexed Mushu yet so I don't know male or female. Last time I tried Mushu was not cooperating then went into rest mode now I'm waiting till bath time this week to take a look..

Aolsen1989

Original Poster
Claudiusx":fytkdjm1 said:
Well if you want to post up a sexing pic here, we'd be glad to help :)

-Brandon

Lol no need for help I was able to get Mushu to cooperate and I'm pleased to announce that Mushu is Ms. Mushu.

Aolsen1989

Original Poster
Ms Mushu is now currently enjoying her favorite salad combination that I have tried so far. I am limited in what shops carry around me.
104815-675862707.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom