Worried mommy: Unhealthy poops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staygold

Hi. I am not sure if this an emergency, but I feel like it is and am worried. I just got a bearded dragon because she needed a new home due to the lack of time they now had to give her all the love they know she deserves. For the first while she seemed to poop fine. She pooped every 2-3 days about the size of her leg. Then in about the last week and a half it has changed. On the 4th it was only urate, (I might have missed writing one down until the next or she went 6 days), poop on the 10th was a little runny and not very big, 11th was a very small amount flattened like she layed on it and the urate was off, 12th poop runny and greenish (I think was the 2 hornworms from the day before) and today it was next to no poop and the urate was chalky. I have been bathing her every 2 -3 days. I massaged her belly a few times since the poop wasn't normal. Should I give her prune baby food with honey and olive oil to make her poop? Or can that hurt her if not needed?

Edit: Her poop looked much better today! Probably about 2 inches long and 1/2cm in diameter. I am soooooooo happy and relieved. Thank you for your responses!!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It sounds like she could still be adjusting to her new home with you, relocation stress as it's
called.
Do you know if she was on a loose substrate previously?
You can give the softer foods a few times to help in case she might be a little impacted for
some reason, it wont hurt her at all.
Is she basking normally?
You can post some pictures of her also, if you have any.

Tracie

Staygold

Original Poster
Drache613":2gwmdjy8 said:
Hello,

It sounds like she could still be adjusting to her new home with you, relocation stress as it's
called.
You can give the softer foods a few times to help in case she might be a little impacted for
Is she basking normally?

Tracie
She has been here about a month now, and she seemed fine when she first got here. She was pooping normal, and loving her bugs. I dont know how to feed her crickets though. I stuck her in a separate bin so they wouldn't get loose in her cage and she did nothing they just started crawling on her. She eats her greens but normally picks around the veggies and fruit. I tried prune baby food and olive oil yesterday. She pooped within an hour but very little poop and chalky urate. She came with reptile carpet and I don't think she was ever on a loose substrate. I am new to this, but I think she is basking properly. I will try to figure out how to post a picture

Staygold

Original Poster
109751-2146922052.jpg
Drache613":1uaqob2m said:
Hello,

called.
Is she basking normally?

Tracie
109751-2262932146.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That doesn't look bad to me at all. I'd just keep offering a variety of food and maybe drip water on her nose to see if she wants to drink (they'll lick at it if they are thirsty). I'd give her more time to settle in and get used to a routine and healthy diet. This can sometimes take months.

Staygold

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3018l2wd said:
That doesn't look bad to me at all. I'd just keep offering a variety of food and maybe drip water on her nose to see if she wants to drink (they'll lick at it if they are thirsty). I'd give her more time to settle in and get used to a routine and healthy diet. This can sometimes take months.
First off, thank you for your help. That poop was better than the others, but I am a worry wart..(her poop was bigger and kinda long shaped yesterday YAY.) I have been putting water on her nose with my finger and a dropper, she finally drank from the dropper 3 days ago and today YAY. (She doesn't have a water dish cuz I am scared of too high of a humidity, I am having an issue with it being 37 in cool shady area and 17 under bask spot) Okay, maybe new home is the issue, I have only had her about a month. I really hope I am doing things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom