worried about my female dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinetop

Ok so in the last 3 days my female bearded dragon has not ate
she just sits on the basking rock that is 114 degrees with her eyes closed most the time. and my male just sits in the cool side
hes been eating. but the female has just been sitting there not eating. i give them crickets roaches and greens every day dusted with reptile calcium that has d3 there in a 4x2x2 basking is 114 hot sides 95 cool sides 85 degrees. i gave them a bath yesterday me getting worried that something wrong with her she just sat there and was drinking the male was running around. they do have a power sun 10.0 uvb bulb. i was told she might have d3 posing which can be a possibility i would just like to check with everyone else to see what they think if she dosent eat tommorow shes going to the vet by the way there on sand.
edit ok so today i today i took her to the vet after she ate 2 crickets this morning from the tongs
we got her x rayed and are having a fecal exam done the x rays showed that something not sand was causing her to have impaction
they gave her two shots filled her with liquid hopefully to get rid of the imapcted thing we also got two other things this thing called carnivore diet its food to give her thru a syringe and stuff to make her poop. shes just been sitting there then early when we went to give her medications we were using this plastic pice to hold her mouth open and it cracked and a small pice she might have swalloed. do you guys have any tips on how to get rid of the imacted thing if she dosent get better in 2 days she might have to have surgery

Are they housed together? How old are they?
Personally I would swap the power sun out for a reptisun 10.0, and change the sand out for tile, news paper, shelf liner, or even paper towel. The sand can cause them to become impacted. If they're housed together you should also really consider getting them separate tanks. Dragons don't like to live together, and it could be causing her some serious stress...also a good chance she's pregnant or getting really to lay depending on her age.

pinetop

Original Poster
SedonasMommy":1b2j2qjc said:
Are they housed together? How old are they?
Personally I would swap the power sun out for a reptisun 10.0, and change the sand out for tile, news paper, shelf liner, or even paper towel. The sand can cause them to become impacted. If they're housed together you should also really consider getting them separate tanks. Dragons don't like to live together, and it could be causing her some serious stress...also a good chance she's pregnant or getting really to lay depending on her age.
what is wrong with the powersun
and shes 4 years old they have been housed together for 4 years

sorry, posted before my coffee....I was thinking repti-glo, not powersun, there's nothing wrong with that bulb :oops: But doing a quick search around here will give you some more info on the dangers of sharing a viv. Hopefully she comes around for you soon but you may want to consider a lay box...has she ever laid eggs in the past?

pinetop

Original Poster
SedonasMommy":fnvlvdc8 said:
sorry, posted before my coffee....I was thinking repti-glo, not powersun, there's nothing wrong with that bulb :oops: But doing a quick search around here will give you some more info on the dangers of sharing a viv. Hopefully she comes around for you soon but you may want to consider a lay box...has she ever laid eggs in the past?
i have been told i havent had them there whole life the previous owner said she layed last year she dosent look pregnant i didnt see them breed this year she ate 2 crickets off the tongs today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom