Wooden Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting a Bearded Dragon soon! :mrgreen: So I was browsing craigslist looking for a good deal, and I found one! It is a custom-built 27" x 23" x 23" (about 62 gallon) cage for $20! It is wooden with a removeable screen top and sliding acrylic doors.

But I (more like my mom, she doesn't want him escaping and "scaring" her) have a few questions:
1. It says it can be broken down. Will this allow any chance of escape (I mean its construction)?
2. The top left hand corner of the acrylic door is broken, but is there any way to just add a peice of acrylic on so I don't have to buy a new one? And how much would it be to fix? To replace?
3. Would doing the fake rock-styrofoam thing work in a wooden cage?
4. I want to build a "sandbox" with the fake rock for my BD. Will this work?
5. I'm going to use tiles. Should I just lay them out, or grout them in?

I know I'm not exactly DIY'ing it myself, but I figured the people here would know best! :wink:

Thanks in advance! :lol:

beardiebandit

Hatchling Member
yes to all your questions. lol! you can set it up however you want. the "breaking down" they where prolly referring to was the fact that you can prolly unscrew it and make moving and shipping easier. acrylic is cheap at home depot. about ten bucks or so.

i would grout the tiles in. that way there are less nooks and crannys for poop to find its way into. but feel free to set up the enclosure how ever you want. just make sure the little beardie gets his temps right and has enough exposure to UVB light source.

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
It actually doesn't sound like it is going to be big enough for an adult or an easy setup. At 2' you don't have enough room to allow a temperature drop to the cool side. You are only giving the animal around 4 squar feet of walking area when you should be shooting for double that.

Ernie

beardiebandit

Hatchling Member
good call midnight_962002 i didnt even catch the measurements.

that is pretty small. shoot for something closer to 3" or 4" long. my enclosures are 4"x2"x2" and i wouldnt want to really keep an adult in anything with less total square feet of space.

beardiebandit":26815 said:

that is pretty small. shoot for something closer to 3" or 4" long. my enclosures are 4"x2"x2" and i wouldnt want to really keep an adult in anything with less total square feet of space.

WOW! bro you got a cage 4"x2"x2" that **** won't even hold water lmao......

kevindeeley12

Juvie Member
Why would you want to hold water??? :p. It's not for a fish, mines bigger than that by 3 inches, not a lot but oh well.

raleej337

blackbearded":5096e said:
beardiebandit":5096e said:

WOW! bro you got a cage 4"x2"x2" that ***** won't even hold water lmao......

maybe what he's trying to say is 4' x 2' x 2'. by the way bro, it's your first post so don't be such a d*#k!

beardiebandit

Hatchling Member
blackbearded":15633 said:
WOW! bro you got a cage 4"x2"x2" that ***** won't even hold water lmao......
lol! you knew what i meant. but hey i guess if you cuoldnt tell then im sry for that... while im multi tasking at my full time job i like to browse bd.org excuse my typographical error BRO. nice how you brought that to my attention. cuz i noticed it after it was posted but i figured most intelligent people knew what the gist was.

so thanks for the proof read and next time i need a presentation proof read i will totally pm you on that seeing how you must be an English major.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom