Wondering about size of beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meep18

Hi! I adopted my beardie back in April. I think he's about 5-6 months old. I'm starting to get a little worried he's too small. Up until this month, he ate 2-3 times a day until he was full. Now he eats once a day until full, but has rehydrated veggies and rehydrated bugs in his enclosure at all times. He has a variety of bugs in his diet. Crickets, Dubias, BFL, Wax Worms, and Meal Worms as a treat occasionally (they do get dusted twice a week still). I'm just hoping to get some insight into if hes underweight/not developing at the level he should be. He's very active, loves to socialize, and is on a very good sleep/wake schedule. Ill attach some pictures of when i first got him vs today!
111035-4622131456.jpg
111035-6126644141.jpg
111035-4209039901.jpg
111035-8640007181.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Personally, I think he looks pretty good, very alert & has great natural color to him.
They all seem to grow at various rates, depending on genetics, etc.
What type of UVB lighting are you using? Do you use a calcium supplementation for him
& if so, how often?
The insect amount sounds good to me, since he is still growing right now. Does he eat any
greens or other vegetation at all?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom