Winter storm-No food

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
We ordered a large amount of BSFL about a week ago because we knew we were supposed to get a winter storm. Of course, they postponed the shipment, and now we are here without food. The nearest pet store is an hour away and the roads are way too slick to get there. I have quite a lot of mealworms for my leo. I also have superworms and waxworms, but those would be way too fatty to feed him for a few days. I have been giving him a salad full of veggies, but I wanted to know what to do for his live insect portion. The mealworms are very small. My beardie is definitely big enough to start eating them (6 months old, very big!), but I haven't given them to him before, so I obviously do not want to give him very much. Should I give him a few mealworms here and there?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Mealworms will be fine.

If you have any freshly molted supers, those would work too :)

A few days will be no issue what so ever :)

-Brandon

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok thank you! He keeps looking towards where his food container is and tries to walk there! He’ll just have to get use to the worms for now, which shouldn’t be a problem considering he will eat anything.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
I've had to make-do with mealies, supers, & wax worms when I ran short of dubias. It was likewise just a few days. No problem, even when he was much younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bert_L
Top Bottom