Will this be okay.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
My five year old managed to bust the other basking bulb I had up for Toothless. So I have one 80watt bulb and a ceramic heat emitter up for now. I had the two bulbs to create a wider and warmer basking spot for him. But I'm worried this one bulb won't be enough, even with the CHE. Will it be okay for a day or two.? Money is tight and even then, the only one I could get right now is one of the 20$ basking bulbs from petsmart. I just want to make sure he'll be okay for now.

Please ignore all the junk at the bottom, that bottle shelf has recently become a storage area.😅😅

Attachments

• 20220911_164304.jpg
    20220911_164304.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 108

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
What wattage is the Che? And what are the temps in the enclosure?
I don't know the wattage of the CHE, how can I check.?

The temp for his tank is about 96 on the hot side (was closer to 100 with both bulbs, its down to 95-96 with the one 80watt), about 85-ish in the middle and closer to 80 in the cool.

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
Look on the base (screw in part). If those are the true temps I think your ok but How are you taking a temps?

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
The powersun bulb is a uvb bulb, from my understanding. That's what Google said when we looked up the bulb we have. We had two but, y'know... my five year old busted it.
From what I was told it provides some but not enough uvb. You need the long tube for uvb. I got mines from chewy. And if you have like Afterpay, klarna you can make the weekly payments on it. That’s what I did because my money was a lil tight as well.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
From what I was told it provides some but not enough uvb. You need the long tube for uvb. I got mines from chewy. And if you have like Afterpay, klarna you can make the weekly payments on it. That’s what I did because my money was a lil tight as well.
We need to invest in a different lid for his tank. Right now, it's just a screen lid with no openings, we have to physically slide the whole lid back. And those are expensive as heck. I think petsmart here has a basking uvb combo light for relatively cheap so I think we're going to get one of those for now.

I kept on the che we have and the 80watt powersun and he's doing okay, still eating well and relatively active but I know that can only be short term.

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
I took my top off and put a adjustable window screen from the hardware store.

Attachments

• 9FC73E8C-5D1E-4F09-BEB8-D0563A780C09.jpeg
    9FC73E8C-5D1E-4F09-BEB8-D0563A780C09.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 54

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom