will my cage be okay facing a window?

alyssa2704

Original Poster
Hello!
I’m having a change around in my room and the best place for Leos vivarium to go would be facing a window.
My house is west facing so I only get sunlight late afternoon but I usually keep the curtains closed in the afternoon anyway to stop my room getting too hot.
Would it be okay to put leo facing a window? No direct sunlight would be on him at all.
i’ve attached pics to show you of how light comes into my room, how I usually keep my curtains and the desk I would put Leo on.
I don’t see it as a problem as I have two hygrometers in the cage, on the hot and cold sides of his cage so I can monitor the temperature, but wanted to double check

Attachments

• IMG_7861.jpeg
    IMG_7861.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_7863.jpeg
    IMG_7863.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_7864.jpeg
    IMG_7864.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 63
Solution
The tank can face a window as long as it's not getting direct sunlight. The issue with direct sunlight is it would overheat the tank very quickly.

If the tank isn't getting direct sunlight then there is no issue with it being where you plan.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The tank can face a window as long as it's not getting direct sunlight. The issue with direct sunlight is it would overheat the tank very quickly.

If the tank isn't getting direct sunlight then there is no issue with it being where you plan.

-Brandon

Solution

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Right- I agree with @Claudiusx Like me, I don't think there's much to see outside of your window but trust me, your beardie will see every bird, tree branch blowing in the wind, squirrel running across the grass, etc.
I have Rocky's cage on the opposite side of the room but he can see but since I let him sit in the window, if his nose isn't touching the glass, it doesn't count. The glass(okay it's plastic) in the enclosure doesn't count as the glass in the house (window). But he can see the same. And I see how his eyes/pupils zoom in and out, he can see LOL

Please let me know how it goes.
I need to get Rocky out of the window back into the enclosure!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom