Why is my beardie sleeping like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analisehannah

Recently, my dragon Loki, has taken to sleeping propped up in the corner of the tank like a starfish. It looks terribly uncomfortable, just wondering if it is anything I should be worried about?

Cinder9

Juvie Member
They tend to sleep in very awkward positions. Its perfectly normal but i still feel bad so i usually put him on his hammock so i feel more comfortable :)

Meginsanity

Hatchling Member
LOL, like a starfish! It cracks me up the positions they will sleep in. My own Loki usually stays horizontal at least, but I've seen that position before.

Analisehannah

Original Poster
Haha, thanks for the replies, I wasn't too worried because he is fine in the morning, but I was just making sure.

When I First brought Stanlee home I turned his light off the first night at the same time as I put my snake to bed and when I checked on him and hour or so later I just about had a heart attack! I thought he was dead :shock:
Turns out he just sleeps like he's dead.

Sheldon plasters himself to the wall of his tank, sometimes even standing in his water dish to sleep. Once I thought he was going to drown cause he fell asleep with his face in his water bowl :? I move him around to make myself more comfortable too lol.

Fredsdad

Hatchling Member
Fred does that on his log. He has a part of the log that stands straight up and he sleeps propped up on it. It is funny to watch. LOL

sheri85

Juvie Member
Archer likes to climb the sides of my coffee table and sleep balanced on one beam while laying propped up against the vertical beam. it's so weird. i just pick him up and tuck him into his blankie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello , im still figureing out this platform,
So violet laid eggs, weeks ago, she was doing very well , in the last 3 to 4 days her poop was more than runny . Haven't changed much in her diet , an appetite is very good. Should I be considering a parasites remedy as she does get bloated as soon as she starts to eat.
My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zayart
Top Bottom