Why is he lying flat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I took him out he was super energetic, but now he's lying flat he is 2 months and going through a shed. Is his lying flat because of shedding? His basking side was only 85 because the a/c was on, so is this why? Please answer my ? 's

Gail

BD.org Addict
We call that pancaking and its one way they try to absorb more heat so yeah, it most likely was due to the low temps. Its a normal behavior though and nothing to worry about, just make sure his temps are correct now.

Mt3

Beardies will often lay flat against warmer surfaces in an attempt to raise their body temperature. 85 degrees is definitely too low for daytime temperatures and it's likely that he's doing it to warm himself up. You'll have to find a way to keep his basking spot between 100-110 degrees throughout the day, but that really shouldn't be too hard even with the AC on. My beardie's viv is right next to my AC and even with it blasting out cool air it only drops his basking temp a few degrees.

Shedding may contribute to that behavior, too; sometimes they'll drag their body across the floor or their rocks and other furniture and then just lay flat. However, I'm sure it has more to do with the cooler temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom