Why dose my bearded dragon look blue under her mouth?

C8lin

Beardie name(s)
Mango - 2 years
So i have had my bearded dragon for a few years now and this has never happened before, on the top of her beard, she is blue and looks like some of her scales are ripped off, it is black and looks like there is blood or puss or something as well as the bottom of her mouth is pink. I cant tell of this is shed but this has NEVER happened. What should i do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So i have had my bearded dragon for a few years now and this has never happened before, on the top of her beard, she is blue and looks like some of her scales are ripped off, it is black and looks like there is blood or puss or something as well as the bottom of her mouth is pink. I cant tell of this is shed but this has NEVER happened. What should i do?
Post pics so we can see- go over your lighting uvb coil or tube basking temps what are the and how are you taking them? No stick ons please they are inaccurate

C8lin

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mango - 2 years
LM9Xurhn5n4stWcMLyMMF-29Tyi4mTT_LgwOZGiArSN0_J_HSB-afhgZ2D-k12YbjGiQKb7VGrFQtDGlaPPiPbTQjL7rCwqUJCeUQQmzT4_INsiezQDm-g4OLmFenieaq7emsAC4QjifNHEHZQ

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is definitely shedding scales, but a few look like they came off prematurely. This is a pretty
common issue but he will be fine. As AHBD suggested, just let the rest come off when it's ready
& the entire area should heal up well.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom