Why does my heat lamp keep burning out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like I have been going through more light bulbs than usual. I have been going through about one a month... I thought they were supposed to last about three months?

I have been having the same problem! I bought a 2 pack because I figured if one burned out I wouldn't have to wait to go to the store and 2 days after I put my new one in it burned out! we were thinking maybe it was the timer and surge protector we have it plugged into. So we went out and bought a new digital timer and surge protector and so far no burned out lights...not sure if you have yours on a timer but the new one seemed to help

Captian

I have mine plugged into a surge protector but not a timer. I have only had my berdie about 3 months and I am on my fourth light. I've used the zoomed and now petsmart's brand. Someone told me that if you move them when they are hot that they will blow out faster, I bought a light stand and have had a light blow after that as well. I'm running out of ideas and it's getting expensive. I may go for a ceramic heater next and get just house lights to be able to see.

1beardie

Hatchling Member
Mine was doing the same thing and I asked the petstore where I bought mine and they said when you install them do not touch them with your hands. Use a paper towel to put them in. The oils in your hand can for some reason make them burn out....IDK if it's true but mine has been in for 3 weeks and I went thru 2 in a week before I did what she said....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom