Why do they even make coil uvb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Why do companies make coil uvb in the first place when the product designers know full and well that their product doesn’t produce enough UVB to keep even a tiny tree frog alive and well? I honestly thank Jesus I came across this one Instagram friend of mine and her bearded dragon when I did because she posted a picture of her bearded dragon who is 1 year old and he is so stunted and malformed that I had no issue immediately telling her to go buy a reptisun uvb tube and to take the plastic cover off. I’m so thankful she didn’t get defensive and actually took my advice, her bearded dragon is going to feel so much better once he actually gets uvb. I told her it’s not her fault at all that she was another victim of the starter kit and that these companies lie to customers by making these defective bulbs in the first place. My only question is why?
How could someone knowingly kill pets by manufacturing faulty goods? Like I’d be devastated if I found out my products were starving animals of proper nutrition and I’d phase out production immediately to produce mercury vapor at the very least. (A reptisun tube contains mercury vapor, though it is insufficient to produce heat.) I wish people were nicer to animals, companion animals don’t deserve what we put them through at all. They are so forgiving and I honestly cry when an animal has to hurt because of humans selling animal products simply for money and not for the well-being of these companions.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
They are doing it for the almighty dollar! And yes it is very sad that this is happening ---

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, the compact/coil lights are simply mass produced & are easy to sell as the starter
kits because they are "economical". Unfortunately they just are not very good quality!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom