Why do eggs look like this?

Can anyone tell me why my eggs look like this? The 2 are dented and the other 2 look like they have bubbles on them. All 4 are still alive as I've candles and they are moving. The vermiculite is not dry. They Did sweat a few days ago but have stopped and now look like this. Could it be from the sweat? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 16507611788383649568537319701331.jpg
    16507611788383649568537319701331.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 190
  • 16507612073974182633657056056020.jpg
    16507612073974182633657056056020.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 113

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Can anyone tell me why my eggs look like this? The 2 are dented and the other 2 look like they have bubbles on them. All 4 are still alive as I've candles and they are moving. The vermiculite is not dry. They Did sweat a few days ago but have stopped and now look like this. Could it be from the sweat? Thanks in advance
@AHBD

Beardienoobie

Original Poster
I just wanted to reiterate that I Did spray the vermiculite last night around the eggs making sure I didn't get them wet just to make sure it was moist to see if maybe they would plump back up and they didn't. So that's where I'm at. Thanks

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sweat drops or condensation that falls on them might cause that slight bubbling so yes you're correct. The others just needed a little more water if they're shrinking a bit.

Beardienoobie

Original Poster
Ok. Thank you very much AHBD. I appreciate your help and knowledge. I did have someone else tell me as well that I mark the egg where the pink dot(embryo) is as Up and just wanted to clarify with you as well. Again, I appreciate your help and knowledge and having to answer all my questions.

Beardienoobie

Original Poster
Oh, no I'm asking where I Do mark them. I see articles that say I'm supposed to mark them how they were layed and others say to find the pink dot and mark That. So I'm just confused. And about the other post, the eggs never plumped back up so I'm stumped. Just let them run their course?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No need to mark them, they are staying put so no reason to so that. I never marked any.
How much water did you add ? Pick up one of the deflating eggs very gently and put it to the side and see how the vermiculite feels. If it's dry, add a small amount of water with an eyedropper or syringe, you don't want to get the eggs wet.

Beardienoobie

Original Poster
I was going to transfer the eggs to the incubator today. I've seen that they need to be marked but I didn't do that for the first clutch and they did fine. So I'll just make sure I don't turn them or anything when I transfer them. And the vermiculite feels fine underneath.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom