Why are Zilla or Thrive bad?

Hi! Just wondering if anyone can provide concrete research or personal experiences to explain why Zilla and Thrive are not recommended brands…? I was recently told not to use Zilla and based on some posts, both of those brands are frowned upon. Thanks in advice for any insight!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi! Just wondering if anyone can provide concrete research or personal experiences to explain why Zilla and Thrive are not recommended brands…? I was recently told not to use Zilla and based on some posts, both of those brands are frowned upon. Thanks in advice for any insight!
The Zilla fixture is ok to use the bulbs are cheaper made -and are not as strong as the reptisun or Arcadia---- thrive fixtures I have found do not come w/ reflectors which a uvb fixture needs so the rays are directed downward to the dragon-- the thrive coil bulbs are not good quality- if the basking bulb is a CLEAR bright white bulb and keeps temps to what they need to be then they are ok- you just need to get good quality bulbs that are not cheap clones that usually come from china-- some others on here can give more insight on the brands

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I have some decor from Zilla and some fake plants from thrive but as far as equipment I do not recommend. Like already mentioned they do not come with reflectors and there is data to back up bulb quality, basically not enough of what the dragon needs, also I've had heat mats and things like that for other reasons that never last long one had puffed up like it was going to explode.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom