why all of the sudden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

animalgal

Hello, I have one male and female bearded dragons. I have had them a year and a half to two years now. I have kept them together in the same enclosure the whole time. Haven't had any problems until now. They got along great but recently the female has been biting the male's tail and I have had to separate them. They are the same size, a little over a foot each including their tail length. I do not know their age. I would like to know, why the sudden change in behavior? I know their both different genders as I've gotten that checked. So, why is she biting only his tail?? Will I need to keep them forever separate?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Yes they need to be separated for the rest of their lives. They will bite off each others limbs or one will kill the other. Beardies are solidarity creatures and territorial.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I agree dragons should NEVER be kept together --- the female is taking over dominance and its usually the male but w/ her doing that thats not good -- have they been constantly breeding -- that is usually the case and the female is stressed out to where it will effect her health -- now its the male thats probably stressed out -- you need two set ups --- and she may be gravid now as well --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom