White inverted scale (pics inside)

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
I noticed a few days ago that my Amber has this scale on her tail and it reminds me of a hang nail the vet said she is going to shed so im hoping that's what this is. Sorta like a snake you always pet them in the same direction the scales are going so you don't injure their scales. As i pet from head to tip of the tail this one single scale is sticking out and I am unsure if I injured a scale or if this is natural. She also has some white scales which the vet checked and was didn't see anything wrong with them but I did NOT realize this inverted scale while at the vet

Note: In the pics I put my finger by it and did not bother the scale

Attachments

• 20220517_181834.jpg
    20220517_181834.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 20220517_181958.jpg
    20220517_181958.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 20220517_182015.jpg
    20220517_182015.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 92

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks like a single scale shed based on what I can see in the photo. If that's the case, it's likely to come loose on its own eventually and not cause an issue. Patchy or single scale shedding seems to be somewhat common with adult dragons.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
That looks like a single scale shed based on what I can see in the photo. If that's the case, it's likely to come loose on its own eventually and not cause an issue. Patchy or single scale shedding seems to be somewhat common with adult dragons.
It came off after a few baths I was nervous I damaged her scale she is still shedding just odd a single scale was shedding

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom