Which Temperature gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Hi all. I am going to buy a temperature gun. It's helpful to tell the correct temperature in their basking spot, especially when they sit on top of their probe.
My question is, is there one that's better than another one? I posted the question on the pogona email list I'm a member of said the one I get should have a laser pointer. He suggested to go to shipyourreptiles.com and get the $40 one, I went there and found this one for $40:http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/shop/temp/product/PE2_Temp_Gun_w_case/ The one I found in Home Depot is this one: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100674438/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=Temperature+gun&storeId=10051#.UTOSaVfCagF
It seems like it will work but I don't want to open it and see it doesn't work.
I did a search and found some that might work that seem to be from Sears or just on-line but I'm not really sure about that, I'll have to go to our local Sears store to see if they have one. I just was wondering if any of you have had experience in temperature guns and which one did you get?

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
You can get that same temp gun in the US - They have it at PetSmart I believe, or just on Amazon.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I've seen the one at petsmart. I couldn't tell much about the package and I was hesitant to purchase one that may not be very effective.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Home Depot or lowes sells them for pretty cheap. I personally use one from Petsmart. I think it is zoo med

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
Mine is from Harbor Freight, it's almost 7 years old. I have never had a problem with it and it's accurate. It's a bigger one then Zoo Med's. I could never use probes as Magick would chew the probe. The first temp gun was a small one from a pet store, not sure of brand but I did not like it so got this one. The brand is Cen-Tech, a non contact laser temperature gun.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks for your help. I will try to locate it tomorrow evening or some time. I didn't have any luck in my search tonight.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Goodtruant":2fennl5d said:

It looks like the one we just got in the mail yesterday. I placed the order on the 5th in the morning and it was the mail yesterday when I checked it that evening. I read all the things people had said about it and they all said it was really accurate. I had tried one from Home Depot and it was o.k. but the basking spot was anywhere from 2 to 4 degrees off of what our accurite digital thermometer with probe said it was. You are right, it is a great price.

Thanks to everyone for your help. It was a great help. So far this one seems more accurite but we just got the battery for it and haven't used it very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom