Which feeder is best for a Juvenile beardie (8-9 inches long)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about feeding my dragon. I have a juvenile beardie 8-9inches long that mainly eats crickets. I try to buy and feed medium crickets and he seems to eat them fine. Since he's a younger beardie he tends to have some trouble catching them so I have to help him. Here lately I have been getting really fed up with crickets as they are SOooo loud! Not to mention the ones I get from Petco/ PetSmart always die off within a few days and it's hard to keep them alive. That being said, I want to know if I could start breeding mealworms. There is some controversy that comes with these guys in the community I know, but iv heard it both ways, some people have raised bearded on meal/ super worms with no problem and some people say not to do it. I am a Nurse and so is my wife so I don't have loads of time to deal with breeding crickets or roaches. I wanna know if it will be okay to feed my Juvenile beardie medium to full-grown meal worms or if I should just put up with crickets or try dubia roaches?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a question about feeding my dragon. I have a juvenile beardie 8-9inches long that mainly eats crickets. I try to buy and feed medium crickets and he seems to eat them fine. Since he's a younger beardie he tends to have some trouble catching them so I have to help him. Here lately I have been getting really fed up with crickets as they are SOooo loud! Not to mention the ones I get from Petco/ PetSmart always die off within a few days and it's hard to keep them alive. That being said, I want to know if I could start breeding mealworms. There is some controversy that comes with these guys in the community I know, but iv heard it both ways, some people have raised bearded on meal/ super worms with no problem and some people say not to do it. I am a Nurse and so is my wife so I don't have loads of time to deal with breeding crickets or roaches. I wanna know if it will be okay to feed my Juvenile beardie medium to full-grown meal worms or if I should just put up with crickets or try dubia roaches?
I recommend dubia roaches --- set up a 10 gallon tank order like around 200 of them or so get some dubia food and dubia dew feed them the things your dragon eats for veggies --- Nutrition Content ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
mealworms and super worms are not recommended for feeding as a staple --- they are treat worms other alternatives for staple feeders are BSFL which are a great staple along w/ roaches for babies / juvenile dragons - the larvae are small so if its a main staple its going to take alot of them to feed that is why I also say dubias as they will fill him up - or silk worms as a main staple as well - those are spendy tho -- here are some websites for the insects
www.dubiaroaches.com - they are running low on roaches but try there they have good roaches and horn worms - those grow really fast - and are a good hydrating worm
www.symtonbsf.com order large and Do not dust them - only the roaches
www.reptilianarts.com -- silk worms and roaches
Live Superworms, Buy Bulk Super Worms these people have great superworms you will need a container w/ lids w/ holes for them and bran to feed - I just got bran off of ebay for mine - and I feed carrots for hydration - I do not feed my dragons carrots tho too much Vit A as i feed my dubias carrots too -- fyi--

Gyrffinthedragon

Original Poster
I recommend dubia roaches --- set up a 10 gallon tank order like around 200 of them or so get some dubia food and dubia dew feed them the things your dragon eats for veggies --- Nutrition Content ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
mealworms and super worms are not recommended for feeding as a staple --- they are treat worms other alternatives for staple feeders are BSFL which are a great staple along w/ roaches for babies / juvenile dragons - the larvae are small so if its a main staple its going to take alot of them to feed that is why I also say dubias as they will fill him up - or silk worms as a main staple as well - those are spendy tho -- here are some websites for the insects
www.dubiaroaches.com - they are running low on roaches but try there they have good roaches and horn worms - those grow really fast - and are a good hydrating worm
www.symtonbsf.com order large and Do not dust them - only the roaches
www.reptilianarts.com -- silk worms and roaches
Live Superworms, Buy Bulk Super Worms these people have great superworms you will need a container w/ lids w/ holes for them and bran to feed - I just got bran off of ebay for mine - and I feed carrots for hydration - I do not feed my dragons carrots tho too much Vit A as i feed my dubias carrots too -- fyi--
Thank you!

inky

I have a question about feeding my dragon. I have a juvenile beardie 8-9inches long that mainly eats crickets. I try to buy and feed medium crickets and he seems to eat them fine. Since he's a younger beardie he tends to have some trouble catching them so I have to help him. Here lately I have been getting really fed up with crickets as they are SOooo loud! Not to mention the ones I get from Petco/ PetSmart always die off within a few days and it's hard to keep them alive. That being said, I want to know if I could start breeding mealworms. There is some controversy that comes with these guys in the community I know, but iv heard it both ways, some people have raised bearded on meal/ super worms with no problem and some people say not to do it. I am a Nurse and so is my wife so I don't have loads of time to deal with breeding crickets or roaches. I wanna know if it will be okay to feed my Juvenile beardie medium to full-grown meal worms or if I should just put up with crickets or try dubia roaches

Thank you!
i think you should feed your beardie dubia roaches for the following reasons 1 they are very easy to breed 2 they cant escape 3 they give more overall calcium 4 they make no sound or you can take the easy way out and use horn worms they are amazing too(this is coming from a 9 year old so dont just go off what i say)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiamYe
Top Bottom