where to get feeder insects

HyperLollipop

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Herman
So I'm wondering where I can buy Dubias and BSFL in-person. People have reccommended using dubiaroaches.com and I have used them once before myself and I was very happy, but it is much easier for me to go to a local pet store since they don't charge shipping lol. I know petsmart doesn't carry dubia roaches, but would have BSFL or any worms that my 4-month old beardie can have (not mealworms)? There is also a petco near me, does anyone know what feeders they carry?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I'm wondering where I can buy Dubias and BSFL in-person. People have reccommended using dubiaroaches.com and I have used them once before myself and I was very happy, but it is much easier for me to go to a local pet store since they don't charge shipping lol. I know petsmart doesn't carry dubia roaches, but would have BSFL or any worms that my 4-month old beardie can have (not mealworms)? There is also a petco near me, does anyone know what feeders they carry?
Most only carry crickets and if they do sell them they're really expensive- your better getting everything on line- order in quantity then your not paying so much shipping - bsfl are also called Phoenix worms- calci worms and nutri grubs

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
Petco and pet smart do not, i like in Texas and we have a DFW reptilian near me that i can go to in-person but they charge $75 for 200 dubia roaches and i get everythinggg from dubiaroaches.com and they charge $30 something and I buy 200 at a time and maybe at the most 4-5 come dead so its VERY good, you prob would be better off ordering them, i dont know of any well known local pet stores that sell dubias but they all mostly sell crickets :)

HyperLollipop

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Herman
Petco and pet smart do not, i like in Texas and we have a DFW reptilian near me that i can go to in-person but they charge $75 for 200 dubia roaches and i get everythinggg from dubiaroaches.com and they charge $30 something and I buy 200 at a time and maybe at the most 4-5 come dead so its VERY good, you prob would be better off ordering them, i dont know of any well known local pet stores that sell dubias but they all mostly sell crickets :)
Thanks! I have heard very good things about dubiaroaches.com, but I have trouble justifying paying for shipping lol (amazon prime has me spoiled) but ig you gotta do what you gotta do

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thanks! I have heard very good things about dubiaroaches.com, but I have trouble justifying paying for shipping lol (amazon prime has me spoiled) but ig you gotta do what you gotta do
Pet stores are very unreliable for insects- we had a lot of people on here 2 winters ago w/ pet stores out of insects - it's best to start stocking up in oct early November on insects- roaches and super worms will keep - if the super worms turn to beetles feed them to the dragon

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Alex
Then just use Amazon Prime lol

AAfeeders have been reliable for me. No dead, well packaged and they don’t sit on orders after saying they shipped.

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Alex
Do you have a link to where I can fin them on Amazon?

Been ordering from Amazon for a couple months and had on and off issues with DBDpet sometimes sitting on orders for a week or more. Since I started paying attention to the order fulfiller I noticed AA always shipped when they said it shipped and they get from Ohio to the Seattle area in about 4-5 days.

They sell them in cups and bags both. I noticed no difference in quality between the two. Bags are a little cheaper but both come in a box with some egg crate.

Last edited:

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
they have a protection shipping that is normally 2-3 dollars and the shipping is pretty good based on others, i just ordered a 67 dollar order yesterday, theres what i got
Dairy Cow Isopods (Porcellio laevis) - 10ct < got 10 (11.25) (15.00 without coupons)
Large Hornworms - 12ct <i got 3 (12ct) of these so 36 in total (7.49) (9.99 without coupons)
Large Soldier Fly Larvae - 500 < i got 500 (6.00) (8.00 without coupons)
Waxworms - 250 < got 250 (7.51) (10.00 without coupons)

i usually get dubias in 200 but i still have a lot left but horn worms are like gummy bears to my beardie so have to buy them a lot, Isopods is for the bacteria, if you use a loose substrate for you beardie those are miracles because they eat the left over bacteria or poop that may still be stuck in the dirt a little.

i used the coupon SAVE25 and thatll save you 25% on your order and the shipping for all that was 7.95 and the Package Protection was .99c
Hope that helps lol

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Alex
A8DDCABE-6FCD-4D27-8DC7-3516446159EB.jpeg
8B7D7C77-4D53-44B5-BE9E-70C7E748C37D.jpeg
455A464D-07C6-4EBC-B69D-2DE6C568B6D0.jpeg

Ironically enough, look what just showed up lol

Wasn’t expecting them until Friday at the earliest.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom