Where to get a mail in fecal test?

ParasiteHelp

Beardie name(s)
N/A
Hello! My bearded dragon is having running bowel movements, and I'd like to get him a fecal test. I have no vets around me and was hoping to find an alternative.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
No reliable ones that I know of that I've heard of anyone using.

No matter where you are, you likely have some type of vet near you. Any vet will have the capability of performing a fecal test, even a normal cat/dog type of vet. They might not have the expertise to treat the infection, but you could call around and ask if any would be willing to take in a fecal sample and give you a count. From there, we can help you with what needs to be done treatment wise.

Or, if this is going to be an ongoing issue for you, you might look into investing in your own equipment to do your own fecal exams.

-Brandon

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
No reliable ones that I know of that I've heard of anyone using.

No matter where you are, you likely have some type of vet near you. Any vet will have the capability of performing a fecal test, even a normal cat/dog type of vet. They might not have the expertise to treat the infection, but you could call around and ask if any would be willing to take in a fecal sample and give you a count. From there, we can help you with what needs to be done treatment wise.

Or, if this is going to be an ongoing issue for you, you might look into investing in your own equipment to do your own fecal exams.

-Brandon
Agreed.
A microscope, somes slides, and Google are about all you need to do it yourself 🙂

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom