Where to buy stuff to ship roaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Hi guys,
I'm just looking for a site to order small containers that will fit in the small flat rate boxes, or if anyone regularly ships roaches and could share how they do it I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
For small flat rate boxes I used thin plastic bags that close with a twisty-tie. Like 1-gallon "storage" bags.

hammerhead

Juvie Member
I just cut an egg carton to fit in the small flat rate boxes, put them in and make sure corners and sides are well taped. I've never had a problem.

hammerhead

Juvie Member
RowenJade":25r1h5lu said:
Actually how do they breathe in there?
I suspect small amounts of air seep through or there is enough in there for them. I've put 600 smalls in a small priority box which took a 4 day trip from Boston to N. Dakota and there wasn't one dead.
I have considered using some of those vegetable ziploc bags that are covered with thousands of tiny holes for air flow.

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
what I got my adults shipped to me, they were in plastic poweraid bottles. The top of the bottle was cut most of the way off, bent over, and the roaches were inserted with some thin cardboard in there for them to cling to. The bent over portion of the bottle was bent back and sealed with clear shipping tape and small holes were cut in the bottle for ventilation. It was nice to open up the cardboard shipping box and not have roaches trying to escape.

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm going to pick up some of those vegetable ziplock bags with holes in them and ship them like that. I've been having trouble finding a container that actually fits in the small flat rate box so those would be perfect since they're more flexible. Thanks for the advice guys!

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I found them at walmart, but they don't have any holes. I just got normal ziplock bags with the slider top and I'm going to poke holes in it.

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Original Poster
OHH Those!!! I was looking for steamer bags..and those didn't have holes! :lol:

Thank you so much for your help I appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom