Where to buy cheap large pieces of Styrofoam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fusebaum

Hello! :D

I can't seem to find anywhere that sells large sheets of Styrofoam for fairly cheap, all I can find is the insulation, and insulation seems to be a bit more expensive than I want to spend. Anybody know of anywhere in the U.S. that might sell sheets like this?

Thanks! ^_^

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Hello :) I found it really cheap at craft stores. There is one called Micheals by me I think it might be a nation wide store.

Harley

Hatchling Member
Hobby Lobby, Joanne fabrics, you can also ask stores around you for any that they will be throwing out. The stuff im using now was used to protect a metal bed frame lol.

fusebaum

Original Poster
But isn't there somewhere cheaper? I've heard of someone getting Styrofoam from a packaging company or something? Anybody know about this? :p

fusebaum":3qin89ao said:
But isn't there somewhere cheaper? I've heard of someone getting Styrofoam from a packaging company or something? Anybody know about this? :p

First company that comes to mind would be Uline, but they deal mostly with bulk. It would likely be cheaper to go to a crafts or home improvement store.

w0554096

Juvie Member
Hi there,
I realise this thread is a little old, but I wanted to reccomend Home Depot. They sell a bag of styrefoam in their insulation section (it is not insulation though). The bag is about 10 bucks, and theres a think 5 or 6 sheets of styrefoam that are 4 feet long, 1 foot wide and about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch thick. I bought one of those bags, and it was enough styrefoam to comepletely cover all there walls of my 4x2x2 viv with doubled up sheets, as well as build 2 basking platforms, complete rock walls and a whole cave system, and I've still got some left over. I've check out all the other stores like Michael's and other craft stores to see if I could find it cheaper, but this has by far been the best amount for price.

Good luck.

NatashaDawn

Hatchling Member
Wo554096 could you find a link to post about the bags of styrofoam? My local homedepot said they never heard of it.. lol If I could get a link then maybe I could site to store it or something :)

w0554096

Juvie Member
I think this is what we bought. It's the right size, color,thickness, and price but I never looked at the brand when we bought it. I believe it is also sold at lowes.
Hope that helps!

NatashaDawn

Hatchling Member
Did you post a link because I didn't see a link. lol I tried lowes online, but haven't went in store yet. I appreciate your quick feedback :) Thanks for the info :)

NatashaDawn

Hatchling Member
I see I checked it out and even called and its only in Canada stores it says. I am in the US so deprived of getting that exact thing lol well thats okay. You win some you loss some right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom