Where do you get your dragon names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddcairns

i got my beardy on friday and couldnt think of a name then i just sorta thought bubbles. so i now have bubbles the beardy

theWERM

I got stewie's name from family guy (the little evil baby)
I named my second dragon pancake because he likes to lay down on his stomoch a lot (like a pancake)
I named my third dragon nacho because he an orange citris so he kinda looks like a nacho
my brother named his gecko milkshake because at the time he was obsessed with that milkshake song
I named my other leopard gecko slushy cause it matched milkshake

Hephaestus

I am new to the site, and this was the first one i thought i could intro myself. I have a citrus tiger female,about a year old and18 and 1/2 inches, and is currently on my shoulder. Her name is Circe ( sir-s) as in the minor goddess of magic in Greek lore. I was just thinking about how yall would react if some random beardie owner asked about nail clipping, so I thought it would be better if I intro myself. well, hi. :study:

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Hephaestus":5kfif58e said:
I am new to the site, and this was the first one i thought i could intro myself. I have a citrus tiger female,about a year old and18 and 1/2 inches, and is currently on my shoulder. Her name is Circe ( sir-s) as in the minor goddess of magic in Greek lore. I was just thinking about how yall would react if some random beardie owner asked about nail clipping, so I thought it would be better if I intro myself. well, hi. :study:
welcome! you should post a new thread in the introduction section of the site. you'll get a few more people to notice that way :)

gizmo17

Hatchling Member
well people keep asking me from gremlins? lol but i just liked the name gizmo haha :p

but movies is a great place to get names!

Virus

Hatchling Member
All of my beardies have been named based mainly between Character and theme.

In order of appearance:
Envy - just the sassiest bugger of anyone. The only of my first three to survive the poor treatment from the pet store.
Grief - was the runt of the store in my original trio, and was white/grey, so had a sad color scheme.
Grudge - Again, original trio member. I went back for him the next day because I couldn't forget the glare I received for putting him back in the store's cage.
Mercy - Bloodbank Dragon, and man does she think she is a princess. Everything seems to be at her Mercy (or else get the death glare), but over all a complete attention hog.
Malice - AKA 'Studmuffin' He is big, and always ready for public attention. He's the most person friendly to anyone so Malice is a bit ironic I suppose.
Frenzy - We took her in from BD.org because a clutchmate nommed her foot, but man is she s nutjob. She loves having a hammock in the center of her viv so she can climb a log, snuggle on her hammock (with blankie), and then pounce off at roaches scurrying below. Also, she thinks my girlfriend's nail polish is a roach, and tries to nom her fingers whenever possible.

GunRack

Virus":uctm0zkx said:
All of my beardies have been named based mainly between Character and theme.

In order of appearance:
Envy - just the sassiest bugger of anyone. The only of my first three to survive the poor treatment from the pet store.
Grief - was the runt of the store in my original trio, and was white/grey, so had a sad color scheme.
Grudge - Again, original trio member. I went back for him the next day because I couldn't forget the glare I received for putting him back in the store's cage.
Mercy - Bloodbank Dragon, and man does she think she is a princess. Everything seems to be at her Mercy (or else get the death glare), but over all a complete attention hog.
Malice - AKA 'Studmuffin' He is big, and always ready for public attention. He's the most person friendly to anyone so Malice is a bit ironic I suppose.
Frenzy - We took her in from BD.org because a clutchmate nommed her foot, but man is she s nutjob. She loves having a hammock in the center of her viv so she can climb a log, snuggle on her hammock (with blankie), and then pounce off at roaches scurrying below. Also, she thinks my girlfriend's nail polish is a roach, and tries to nom her fingers whenever possible.

Oh I love these!

ReptiMama2

Hatchling Member
dragonxxxx":3i1mdz8g said:
greek mytholgy, plenty of names there, just google names in greek mytholgy or roman mytholgy

That is where my son got the name for his dragon, Circe. Though he pernounces it without the 'e' at the end.

BeardieGrandma

Juvie Member
My son came to me and asked if he could have a bearded dragon. I said ok, but we needed to learn all about them and what it takes to take care of them before we would get one. So we went to the pet store, went online, got a book (The Bearded Dragon Manual), and read a lot of different stuff. This went on for 2-3 weeks as we waited for the reptile show to come up where we planned to acquire our baby. My son wanted to give his dragon a japanese name because he's into karate and had come up with Ryu-San (Mr. Dragon) in Japanese. I commented that didn't exactly roll off the tongue. A few nights later I had a dream that I was in a hotel (I travel a lot for work) and there were bearded dragons everywhere - in the pool, walking up and down the hallway, and they all needed to be taken care of. One came up to me in the shape of a square, brown leather purse, (he was a leatherback) and in my dream his name was George. I picked him up and stuffed him in my shirt because he was cold. When I woke up the next morning I told my son we should name him George but he thought that was too boring. So he looked up the Japanese name for George and came up with Joji-San (phonetic spelling at best), which ends up being Mr. George. So a happy compromise. I call him Joji - we've had him for about two weeks now and he's starting to respond when I call his name...if i can figure out how to post a pic I'll show him off a bit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom