Where do you buy your dubias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clear

Sub-Adult Member
Mach10X":3pr6f0wo said:
I agree with clear. Insects really are not as susceptible to inbreeding as more complex animals are. It think this stems from a simple genetic code and a simpler developmental cycle while gestating. I wonder if roaches from other colonies would even get along?

When I first got into breeding many moons ago I thought it was very important to have a very diverse collection from many different breeders. I ordered roaches from at least 10 different individuals, including the large breeders. I never had a problem with introducing the roaches to each other. The only problem I discovered was that from one of the individuals I bought from had mites, and another had some weird beetles inside that soon almost took over the colony.

Mach10X

Hatchling Member
I get decay flies aka corpse flies (they may even be fruit flies for all I know) in my bins if I'm not careful. I usually keep fly strips on the lid to try to attract and trap any adults before they can lay eggs. The substrate that builds up on the bottom of the bin is perfect for these decomposing flies, and really they are harmless, however since I like to keep my bin inside the house when it gets cold the flies get out and are a nuisance in my home.

Rud3Bwoy

Sub-Adult Member
hammerhead":3cketi9r said:
I've had my colonies for almost 5 years and sell off my extras. Pm me if interested.

what's your price?if you can do better than the link provided i might come to you next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom