Where can I get a big tank that won’t break the bank?

Anna and finnegan

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Finnegan
I recently talked to my vet about what size Finnegan’s (My 24 inch long 1 1/2 year old bearded dragon) tank should be and she said up to 160 gallons. Now I know it doesn’t have to be that big and I don’t have the money nor the space to do that but I want about an 80 gallon tank up to a 100 gallon tank. I’ve been looking on Amazon and different reptile websites but the ones I’ve seen only get up to around 50-60 gallons. (His current tank is about 40 gallons by the way!) And they’re all thousands of dollars. Where is a sizable tank that won’t break the bank? I’m open to spending up to $1,500 because I’m only sixteen and I don’t have a job at the moment because of school.😅 That will hopefully change this summer though. PLEASE HELP!!

Attachments

• 2352FF8D-CD24-4492-93EF-13E670B37A47.jpeg
    2352FF8D-CD24-4492-93EF-13E670B37A47.jpeg
    286.8 KB · Views: 100

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I recently talked to my vet about what size Finnegan’s (My 24 inch long 1 1/2 year old bearded dragon) tank should be and she said up to 160 gallons. Now I know it doesn’t have to be that big and I don’t have the money nor the space to do that but I want about an 80 gallon tank up to a 100 gallon tank. I’ve been looking on Amazon and different reptile websites but the ones I’ve seen only get up to around 50-60 gallons. (His current tank is about 40 gallons by the way!) And they’re all thousands of dollars. Where is a sizable tank that won’t break the bank? I’m open to spending up to $1,500 because I’m only sixteen and I don’t have a job at the moment because of school.😅 That will hopefully change this summer though. PLEASE HELP!!
120 gallon is fine- try
www.dubiaroaches.com
www.symtonbsf.com
www.petsmart.com they are selling zen habitats
www.zenhabitats.com
You may need to borrow some money from mom and dad or try Facebook marketplace look for a tank w/ front doors or craigslist -- it has to be sanitized if you find one there

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If you have local reptile stores, they can be a good place also. Reptiles and reefs here in vegas are selling 4x2x2 front opening for 299.00 they look pretty nice to.

Beardie name(s)
Fire
What are you using for substrate currently? Just curious.

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Alex
With a $1,500 budget, you could probably have 3 very nice enclosures lol

If you really don’t want to break the bank but want a cool enclosure, keep an eye out for used display cases from stores. You can get them under $100 (often you can find em’ free) then build it up to what you want.

Or for a couple hundred bucks you can get the standard 2x2x4 enclosure which is just fine. I like my 40in tall tank because my little girl loves climbing. With the length at 56 and width 30 I have plenty of room for a big digging box, a small pool with sweet potato vines and lots of driftwood to explore.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom