When can my male bearded dragon start breeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xgatorsufx

he is about 7 months old now........i believe........ i want to breed him with an older female.............. any help?

SunshineLollipop

Hatchling Member
midnight_962002":b9334 said:
Your best bet is to wait until he is full grown and double his current age.

ditto for that. In all honesty, none of my males have even looked vaguely interested in a female until about the 1 to 1 1/2 yr old mark. If there's a large variance in size to the female he possibly won't be able to get it happening - how frustrating would that be :lol:

xgatorsufx

Original Poster
lol yeah thats true yeah he's not really that big and he's not really putting on weight he eats a lot but it seems that it just goes right out of him i feed him like 15 large crickets a day and sometimes i put some of the calcium powder on the crickets but he looks really skinny......... any suggestions on how to fatten him up?

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
At his age....I would put calcium on all of his meals except for the greens. I would also be giving him 3x the amount of crickets per feeding 2x per day. Also, Hornworms are the absolute best for adding weight and size. Kane is a little picky. Lately he only wants hornworms. He was down to 630 grams one month ago after brumation. I just weighted him today. I give him 3 large hornworms a day plus his greens. He has to eat other things. He is back to 700g and still has to completly fill out. As soon as my roach coloney is back up and running I am going to try to switch him back to roaches.

Those two feeders will work wonders for any dragon, providing you can get them to eat it.

Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom