What's the name of your beardie(s) and the meaning behind it?

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Hi,
I named my beardie Rocky before I even got her- I just knew I wanted my beardie to be named Rocky and ironically, she looks like like a rock or the color of cement:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Your turn....

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
I named mine Hazel be because She is a Hazel color. My other one who I just rescued is Warrior and the reason I named him Warrior because he was fighting for his life And he was gonna be a warrior and fight for his life and I knew that he will make it.:)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
My male is Zen. He is the most chill creature on the planet, so he lives up to his name.
The 2nd id ruby. I was taking the girlfriend to get a big stand up jewelery box for xmas. We stopped at a reptile store for supplies and they had a rehab. She was in bad shape but the gf fell in love and they let us take her. She was dark red was we called her ruby.....
Got her home and she turnex tbe most beautiful orange. Not red at all now lol

The 3rd is snicker doodle she was red also with a huge dusting of black. The gf commented she looked like a snicker doodle cookie and it stuck.
Got her hone and now she is orange with blue bars.
I think stress causes them to turn red, 2 in a row was dark red at the reptile store and turned orange at home.
Just fyi ruby is recovering very well she has regained use of her rear legs, is quite alert and eats well. Sadly she does show some mbd but its slight.
But it isn't bad enough to hamper her. Now she is just spoiled!!!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I named mine Hazel be because She is a Hazel color. My other one who I just rescued is Warrior and the reason I named him Warrior because he was fighting for his life And he was gonna be a warrior and fight for his life and I knew that he will make it.:)
That's so awesome - I love the story behind Warrior!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
My male is Zen. He is the most chill creature on the planet, so he lives up to his name.
The 2nd id ruby. I was taking the girlfriend to get a big stand up jewelery box for xmas. We stopped at a reptile store for supplies and they had a rehab. She was in bad shape but the gf fell in love and they let us take her. She was dark red was we called her ruby.....
Got her home and she turnex tbe most beautiful orange. Not red at all now lol

The 3rd is snicker doodle she was red also with a huge dusting of black. The gf commented she looked like a snicker doodle cookie and it stuck.
Got her hone and now she is orange with blue bars.
I think stress causes them to turn red, 2 in a row was dark red at the reptile store and turned orange at home.
Just fyi ruby is recovering very well she has regained use of her rear legs, is quite alert and eats well. Sadly she does show some mbd but its slight.
But it isn't bad enough to hamper her. Now she is just spoiled!!!
What a heartwarming story- ALL THE WAY AROUND. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rocky is a great name for a beardie, its funny how something like a name will get stuck in your head.
Warrior was a perfect name too. I remember the first post and have been rooting for him since!

Ginjasnapz

Beardie name(s)
Dexie
My beardie is Dexie named after Dexter Morgan from the show. Originally, thought she was a girl and called her Dexie for short. He in fact is a boy but so used to the name for the last four months so he is just Dexie 😂

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
we've always had unusual pet names, so when "henry" came to us, we knew we needed to spice things up a bit. he looked so royal and majestic while trying to bask that we knighted him Sir Henry of Scales.

we know now he was very sick at the time because he had bad uvb, the wrong food, and it was too cold for him, so the name of a fighter worked well on another level, too. he needed that extra warrior vibe!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Hopefully he is doing good now.
I never understand How people can bring these guys home and not do enough research to at least give them the basics. It's sad. But it makes ne happy when they find a new good hone

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
Hopefully he is doing good now.
I never understand How people can bring these guys home and not do enough research to at least give them the basics. It's sad. But it makes ne happy when they find a new good hone
he's a super trooper champ as of his last vet visit a couple weeks ago! weighing in at a chonky 475g today, he's just about to turn 2 and we got him at 6 months at 11g. he was totally a case of someone buying him as a gift for her mom and not thinking things through mixed with thinking the pet stores would be correct in their information/sales. i'm glad they knew enough to tell they couldn't provide for him correctly and asked if i wanted him after only a month of having him. "YES! give me that baby!" this site and the people on it are truly the reason he is alive. i love watching the community help babies (and adults) in rescue situations.

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
Mine was originally a house pet at the residential treatment facility I worked at and was named IHOP (International House of Pets) by one of the residents. We had just gone to eat at IHOP as an incentive. The name never quite felt right though, so when that resident left he was renamed Smaug, after the dragon in "The Hobbit." I adopted him when the facility closed down, and I usually just call him "Duder" or "My guy."

colbertf

Beardie name(s)
ROWAN (Gaelic for Little Red Guy)
My boy is named Rowan , an anglicized version of the Irish male name Rúadhán, from the Gaelic word for “red-haired” or “little red one”
20220610_152909.jpg

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Mine was originally a house pet at the residential treatment facility I worked at and was named IHOP (International House of Pets) by one of the residents. We had just gone to eat at IHOP as an incentive. The name never quite felt right though, so when that resident left he was renamed Smaug, after the dragon in "The Hobbit." I adopted him when the facility closed down, and I usually just call him "Duder" or "My guy."
IHOP is so creativeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee- I too always name a pet but call it by a nickname LOL. This is why my pets are always confused!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
My beardie is Dexie named after Dexter Morgan from the show. Originally, thought she was a girl and called her Dexie for short. He in fact is a boy but so used to the name for the last four months so he is just Dexie 😂
You made it work!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom