What's the morph? Leatherback or normal scale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheylanc

Okay I got this little guy yesterday and had a few questions. What is his morph? And also is he leatherback or normal scale? The pet store I bought him from just said he was a "fancy bearded dragon" and then the guy who got him out said he was a citrus. Also does he look a little to thin? My other bearded dragon is a adult so maybe I'm just used to his fat "fluffiness" haha because he eats like a pig. I'm just concerned this one is to thin.

whistler

I'm pretty new to BD, but I'll chime anyway.

I'm going to say your beardie is normal scale based on the tail. His/her back color next to the table color makes it a little harder for me to see, so I could be wrong. I do know it's not a citrus though. Citrus colored dragons are yellow w/ varying intensity.

Your little one does look thin to me, but s/he is very cute. Congratulations!

Kdiaz09

I am also new to the whole reptile thing.. But my dragon is very much like yours..

85807-8393071503.jpg

And from what I was told, he is a standard.

Yours is pretty thin, but the colors are so very cute! I'm sure you will take great care of s/he!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He is a standard dragon. Fancy is a brand name for Petsmart dragons I believe. He does look a bit skinny but they sometimes just suck in their bellies (and sometimes puff out quite a lot) so it's tough to tell. How is his appetite? Is he getting plenty of small bugs? If he's active and has a good appetite I wouldn't worry about his size too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom