What to feed to gain weight

So my bearded dragon Kendra she’s 3 years old and she lost weight when she refused to eat her veggies for a good long while. So we’ve started her on silkworms again and she still refuses to eat her veggies😤(I actually saw her get some veggies in her mouth and spit it out she just wanted the worm), but I was wondering what’s the best way to help her regain her weight

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The best way to help her regain weight is to switch your goal.

The goal is health. You don't have a healthy dragon by feeding a ton of insects in an attempt to gain weight quickly. You give good health to your dragon by providing it with a proper balanced and varied diet, and let the body get the nutrients that it needs. If you provide your dragon with the nutrients it needs, the body will take care of the rest.

Has she had rapid weight loss? Is it from parasites or is it because she hasn't been eating?

-Brandon

NewBeardyOwner

Original Poster
The best way to help her regain weight is to switch your goal.

The goal is health. You don't have a healthy dragon by feeding a ton of insects in an attempt to gain weight quickly. You give good health to your dragon by providing it with a proper balanced and varied diet, and let the body get the nutrients that it needs. If you provide your dragon with the nutrients it needs, the body will take care of the rest.

Has she had rapid weight loss? Is it from parasites or is it because she hasn't been eating?

-Brandon
Because she hadn’t been eating

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I got it last month, on top of the screen, and no plastic cover
Ok the T 8 needs to go into your tank - they are not strong enough to go thru the screen - directly above the basking decor 6-8 inches- at this point he's not getting much uvb and that will effect them not eating-- please do this right away

NewBeardyOwner

Original Poster
Ok the T 8 needs to go into your tank - they are not strong enough to go thru the screen - directly above the basking decor 6-8 inches- at this point he's not getting much uvb and that will effect them not eating-- please do this right away
I’ve had this set up for over a year and a half why would to be causing problems know

fcooper

Hatchling Member
Repashy prepared diets are often recommended to plump beardies up :) beardie buffet and grub pie are the best types. that an superworms and hornworms will help fatten up your beardie.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom