What to feed hatchlings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1happymommy

Juvie Member
I'm taking care of babies that are two weeks old and I need ideas. I only have them for a few weeks and want them to be healthy.
There is one that is weaker & I have not seen him eat a cricket. Can I feed him something else to put a small amount of weight on him before he gets weaker?
Maybe baby food? Please help.

Akeath

Gray-bearded Member
You can try baby food, yes, sugar free chicken would be good for him, as it has the protein in it. You could also try feeding him some small phoenix or silkworms with tongs, and see if he takes to either of those.

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
I separate a weak dragon from the others in case of illness, and let it gain strength before reintroduced into the group. It might need more heat, UVB, hydration or sometimes a little breathing room.

Sadly, sometimes they just don't make it through the first 6 weeks :cry:

Good luck and keep us posted,

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom