What to do after prolapse sutures

Kapulei

Original Poster
That's what I've been doing though. Plenty of hydration, small grubs, veggies cut incredibly small, cal+D3 3 days a week, normal calcium another 3 days, uvb and heat checked weekly, I replaced cloth with stone in hopes to provide better digestion, she does not come out of the cage at all. Her first blood work test showed she read the pinnacle of health.

I never leave the house so I am catching the prolapses immediately. I start with a cool sugar bath to reduce the swelling(and possibly coax out any remaining stool), then using honey or kjelly to slowly massage it back in. She never retracts it on her own, and it's getting worse instead of better. She's become less active the last month too,which tells me she's not feeling good.

I'm not sure what more I can do?

Kapulei

Original Poster
Yes. There was a 2 month gap between vet 1 and 2. And the first vet I took her to after it had been 3 weeks of trying to solve it on my own(mostly by reading up on other posts here).

Kapulei

Original Poster
I'll try the water with syringe for a bit.Is there anything else I can give her after that? I feel like the baby food is high on sugars so I don't wanna lean on that for too long. I've seen talk of critical care I think it's called in these forums?

I'm not ready to give up because she's otherwise competely healthy. And you know, you adopt with the intention of giving then the best love and care you can. I even waited between my first beardie and this one so I knew I'd have the money to spoil her rotten and pay for a vet. And then adopted from a rehabilitator so I could give one who started rough a living forever home.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That is really so nice that you picked one that needs a good home and you are providing just that , it's obvious how much you care about her. :) Critical Care would be a good choice , it's very nutritious and helps keep weight on. You can add drop or 2 of olive oil or unpasteurized honey a couple times a week rather than any stool softener, it will help the food to pass through more easily. You can still offer small insects as well.

Kapulei

Original Poster
Alright, I'll try that next. Also, sorry I didn't see your first message here AHBD, was typing up my response to Tracie and never saw it. Your question about whether it was a hemipeni the first time I was here was same question my second vet had, and is what led us to sexing her first. She was seeing mixed signals about her gender externally, so wanted to do the ultrasound and found active ovarian follicles(so seems like her recent sexual maturity might be a cause too?). She was given reverse agents for the anesthesia, so yeah that's probably the cause of the swelling.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. Been feeling pretty overwhelmed about this for a few months.

I've been scrolling through this site fairly regularly since I got her for tips and recommendations. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here. I don't know how you and Drache613(along with countless others, but health-wise I see you two pop up the most) find the time to help so many of us(and have been for years). But I imagine you've saved a lot of beardies with your support.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I enjoy seeing the beardies and am happy to help if I can. I hate to see anything suffer, including pet owners being stressed + sad, so if I can help , I'm very glad to. I'm sure that the other experienced owners here feel the same.

Kapulei

Original Poster
Picking her up now, vet said she was extra spunky today(that's my gurl).

The vet also doesn't want to lead to the extra work quite yet and wants to give her more time to heal on hopes it will clear. She said the tissue was further retracted today than the last 2 visits, so that's looking good. Fingers crossed the new food regiment helps.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom