what the :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerl19

UGHHHHHHH!!!

My beardie that ive had for....2 weeks is worrying me. He will only eat 6-8 crickets a day and I DO NOT KNOW WHY!!! he just wont eat them and he wont eat his salad either. he just shed so i must be something right but his skin is loose and wrinkles sometimes when he sits right. He is in a 20L and all his temps are right ect ect so I do not know what I am doing wrong! HELPPPPP

CalBears

Is your beardie a juvie? Sometimes juvies will not eat their salad. Also, he might not be eating as much because he/she just shed and is worn out/stressed out from that. Try soaking your dragon in warm water.

tylerl19

Original Poster
he gets a warm bath every other day. He has not eaten more than 6-8 crickets a day since I have gotten him. He is 6 inches long now, and he eats small crix ( about the size between his head)

Trogdor_1

Juvie Member
Relocation stress is normal. Often times babies won't eat much for about 2 weeks or so.

Just to be sure its not something else, please answer some questions about your set up. What UVB bulb are you using? What are the basking temps? And what type of thermometer are you using to take the temps?

Lsorrent

Juvie Member
Relocation stress is a definitely possibility as he's still young and still adjusting. Is he pooping regularly? What type of substrate is he on?

tylerl19

Original Poster
I consider myself as knowing a lot. he has a repti sun 10.0 and he is on repti carpet and his basking temps are between 102 and 110.

Lsorrent

Juvie Member
If he doesn't start eating for you in the next week or so, maybe try getting a fecal exam done by a local reptile vet. By the way, how old is he? I'm wondering if maybe he's slowing down due to winter...where are you located?

tylerl19

Original Poster
Im in maine and he is a baby, hes 6 inches. I was just cleaning his and my leopard geckos tank and he was roaming around and he scurried over to my geckos food dish and snatched up 6-7 meal worms. he seemed to love them, even though i know its bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom