What the heck.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
What is he doing.?? Is he choking.? Getting ready to regurgitate.?? I gave him two or three small pieces of blueberry. (Side note, he only gets blueberry *maybe* once a month) he has a hard time picking them up, like his tongue doesn't stick to them so I had them in my hand and he ate them no problem. Then he started doing this, wasn't freaking out or anything, he's super still and just keeps doing it over and over.

Attachments

• 98f54371-367f-4aae-8b55-1d1f55a717ec.gif
    98f54371-367f-4aae-8b55-1d1f55a717ec.gif
    867.4 KB · Views: 194

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Could be that a berry got stuck, it will prob. go down soon. Sometimes they do the same after drinking. An FYI about beardies puking, they do so by slinging their head vigorously from side to side .

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Could be that a berry got stuck, it will prob. go down soon. Sometimes they do the same after drinking. An FYI about beardies puking, they do so by slinging their head vigorously from side to side .
I thought that's what they did when they threw up but I wasn't totally sure. It was weird, he did it for a solid minute or two before he licked his mouth and finally stopped. He's eaten them before and I've never seen him do that, I was afraid he'd inhale it or something. 😩

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That would be scary, im glad he us ok.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad to hear he stopped breathing like that. He most likely got some of the blueberry stuck
in his throat but at least he cleared it out. He might not have chewed it up well enough.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom