What substrate is good for a baby beardie?

Echoing

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Echo
I'm going to get a beardie really soon and I'm wondering what substrate I should use for a baby beardie. (Around 6 weeks old).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I'm going to get a beardie really soon and I'm wondering what substrate I should use for a baby beardie. (Around 6 weeks old).
Please no sand- they lick everything - some textured NON adhesive shelf liner from Walmart or your local home improvement store- cut to the size of the tank clean w/ vinegar and water 50/ 50 - please no coils for uvb I can post links for good ones and a good solid clear bright white basking bulb - digital probe thermometers to get actual surface basking temps--those are all crucial for a healthy dragon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If you do use a water + vinegar mix for cleaning it's good to follow with a wash cloth with plain water to wipe the vinegar odor away, it's a very strong smell.

Jacqssss

Please no sand- they lick everything - some textured NON adhesive shelf liner from Walmart or your local home improvement store- cut to the size of the tank clean w/ vinegar and water 50/ 50 - please no coils for uvb I can post links for good ones and a good solid clear bright white basking bulb - digital probe thermometers to get actual surface basking temps--those are all crucial for a healthy dragon
Sand is used in many enclosures

Misty84

If you have a FB please join an advanced husbandry group like How Not to Slay the Dragon. Loose substrate isn’t bad. But you need proper lighting. Several of mine live in the Biodude substrate but you can mix your own.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom