What size ReptiSun 10.0 for my custom 4'x2'x2' enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leilani

I have read all the forums on lighting. However, since I built my own enclosure, and I plan on building a bigger one soon. I really need advice on size of ReptiSun UVB 10.0 florescent and any advise you can give on my over all lighting setup. As you can see in pics, I had one heat bulb, 75 watt I believe it was, and I have a ceramic heat only, my boy didn't like having two heat bulbs, and one wasn't producing enough heat. his habatit is around 98f and gets down to around 75-80f at night, as I turn all lights off. At the moment I have a florscent UVB I know nothing about, I bought it with my little guy about 5 months ago at pet store, I need to get the proper ReptiSun UVB for him.
He is by the front glass storm door, and looks out at sunshine all day, not direct though. We live in Tarpon Springs, Florida, but keep our ac at 76f day and night. He is taken out to bask in the sun on my daughter bed at least twice a week, usually more, and he is held and snuggled daily.
Thank you for any help and advice you can give!
Sincerely,
Leilani and Zeppelin

full

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
Since your enclosure is so large, I would recommend 2 18" high-output T5 Reptisun 10.0 bulbs installed inside the terrarium. Your basking temps also need to be bumped up to 105-110 (bearded dragons like it hot); night temps look fine.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The 22'' T5 (24'' fixture) is a good size because it allows for even basking under high UVB while leaving areas of low UVB available. It should sit about 12'' above the main basking area for best effect. The ReptiSun 10.0 and Arcadia 12% are both very good choices for bulbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom