What should I do next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaymurgo

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
So my bearded dragon had not been eating or really moving much, he stays on his basking spot and doesn’t really move from there he hasn’t ate at all in like 3 days, I thought he was shedding because his tail is turning gray but he just doesn’t seem to healthy, I took them a nice little soak in some warm water and all he did was just lay his head in the water and didn’t lift his head up like my other bearded dragon does, but I did notice he was drinking the water quiet a bit from his bath so could he maybe be dehydrated or something worse?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Jay, how old is your beardie and can you post pics of him as well as his entire set up including the lights ? What type of lights do you have ? You mentioned that he's shedding and that can definitely affect them + cause lethargy.

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
So my bearded dragon had not been eating or really moving much, he stays on his basking spot and doesn’t really move from there he hasn’t ate at all in like 3 days, I thought he was shedding because his tail is turning gray but he just doesn’t seem to healthy, I took them a nice little soak in some warm water and all he did was just lay his head in the water and didn’t lift his head up like my other bearded dragon does, but I did notice he was drinking the water quiet a bit from his bath so could he maybe be dehydrated or something worse?
I agree with AHBD send pictures or just take him to the vet if possible

Jaymurgo

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Hi Jay, how old is your beardie and can you post pics of him as well as his entire set up including the lights ? What type of lights do you have ? You mentioned that he's shedding and that can definitely affect them + cause lethargy
He’s a juvenile not to sure of his age. He has a 100 w basking light about 6-8 inches from the top of his tree, I have tried to feed him collard greens and won’t eat, mustard greens won’t eat, meal worms won’t eat or crickets, I gave him a soak the other day and ge drank a lot of water, he looks a lot more lively from them, but honestly not too sure what more to do I have another beardie in the same tank who’s doing great, but I’m not too sure if I’m just not doing something right

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 81

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
He’s a juvenile not to sure of his age. He has a 100 w basking light about 6-8 inches from the top of his tree, I have tried to feed him collard greens and won’t eat, mustard greens won’t eat, meal worms won’t eat or crickets, I gave him a soak the other day and ge drank a lot of water, he looks a lot more lively from them, but honestly not too sure what more to do I have another beardie in the same tank who’s doing great, but I’m not too sure if I’m just not doing something right
im sorry but i'd say just take him to the vet last time my beardie did that and he had parasites so he needs medicine

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
One big problem could be that he's in a tank with another dragon. Some dragons feel bullied even if you don't see it. They may even seem to " get along " but it's a real gamble to have them in the same tank. Eventually they may even fight, sometimes seriously. So a separate tank is highly recommended.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Also your uvb is what brand and bulb ? I see it's on the screen if it's a T 8 he's not getting enough uvb if any at all-- please get him in a tank by himself

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, housing two youngsters can oftentimes overstress them with one dominating the other one.
Do you have another tank to try & get him set up in to help? He may have an elevated coccidia or worm
levels from stress which will affect his activity & health.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom