what kind of water should be used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We use bottled water, just to be safe. You can buy 2 1/2 gallon "off brand" jugs at Big Lots for just a $1. Also there are sams club and wal-mart brands. I think it's worth the money just to be safe. And, it's easy very convenient to keep near the tank.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Unless labeled "spring water", all bottled water IS tap water, exactly the same as you get from your kitchen tap. http://www.nrdc.org/water/drinking/bw/bwinx.asp Considering they get most of their water when you give them baths anyhow, this just seems like an enormous money drain. None of mine have anything wrong with them from being bathed and misted with tap water.

I didn't know that it was the same as tap water. I guess I'm more concerned with chemicals/buildup that could be present in our pipes, as we have a rather old house. We just have the one, so a $1 bottle probably goes a while, I could see it being expensive if you have several.

Laura123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It looks like the "bottled water'" that site is refering to is more like the "spring waters." The bottled water I am talking about is purified drinking water... it is purified usually by reverse osmosis. Not chemicals. My tap water is city water and it has a lot of chlorine and other chemicals in it. When I had a frog, we had to buy the purified water for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom