What is this

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Warning: poop photo

Toothless did one of those little only white spot poops after a normal one then dragged himself like he always does and I'm fairly certain this came from him. He hasn't eaten red peppers in like a week so surely it's not blood.??

Attachments

• 20230110_164746.jpg
    20230110_164746.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 81

Franquixote

Beardie name(s)
Pixel
Very hard to see, but looks like a sperm plug to me. Or just urea. I assume you know what urea looks like.
As a keeper that's been around the block, it's always worth it to me to bring reptiles to an exotic vet at least once a year for stool analysis even when things are going well. If you feed crickets, they absolutely get parasites no matter how good your sources for feeders are. Get a decent scope on Ebay, a stereoscope is only $200 now, and compound scopes even cheaper for something that works, and microscopes add a lot of enjoyment to many hobbies.
Message me if you want sources for professional level scopes refurbished by pros for under $500.

Last edited:

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Very hard to see, but looks like a sperm plug to me. Or just urea. I assume you know what urea looks like.
As a keeper that's been around the block, it's always worth it to me to bring reptiles to an exotic vet at least once a year for stool analysis even when things are going well. If you feed crickets, they absolutely get parasites no matter how good your sources for feeders are. Get a decent scope on Ebay, a stereoscope is only $200 now, and compound scopes even cheaper for something that works, and microscopes add a lot of enjoyment to many hobbies.
Message me if you want sources for professional level scopes refurbished by pros for under $500.
Yeah, I know what the white stuff is. You mean the red spot is a supermarket plug.? What the heck is that.? He's only 6 or 7 months, if that matters

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Age isn't necessarily the determining factor in maturity in beardies, it's more about size. Your dragons grew fast so he may be starting to mature enough to have sperm plugs.
@AHBD or @Claudiusx could probably give you a better answer.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Lol Acidburn ,autocorrect turned sperm plug in to " supermarket plug " in your post. :LOL:

Anyway, not a sperm plug what it is, it looks like urea but beardies and most other creatures at times have the urge to go and not much comes out, it's not uncommon or harmful.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Age isn't necessarily the determining factor in maturity in beardies, it's more about size. Your dragons grew fast so he may be starting to mature enough to have sperm plugs.
@AHBD or @Claudiusx could probably give you a better answer.
So you don't think it's blood.? Because he had a smear of it when he pooped this morning, too. And he hasn't eaten anything red in a week or so. Is it concerning if it's blood.??

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Lol Acidburn ,autocorrect turned sperm plug in to " supermarket plug " in your post. :LOL:

Anyway, not a sperm plug what it is, it looks like urea but beardies and most other creatures at times have the urge to go and not much comes out, it's not uncommon or harmful.
I didn't even see the supermarket plug jeez.😅😅 so the red smear that looks like blood isn't an issue.? The white stuff, not a problem. He does that everyday a few times a day. It's the red mark I'm worried about.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
The red smear does look a little like blood. If you haven't done so, you might consider taking a fecal sample into the vet. Around here in vegas it's 50 bucks or less, the piece of mind is invaluable.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
The red smear does look a little like blood. If you haven't done so, you might consider taking a fecal sample into the vet. Around here in vegas it's 50 bucks or less, the piece of mind is invaluable.
I was thinking about that. He doesn't seem to have issues going or anything but I think if he has it tomorrow, I'll definitely call around. What could cause bleeding.?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Some parasites can cause it i think, or if he ate something like mealworms or a hard beetle that his stomach didn't fully breakdown that might could, I'm nor sure.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom