what is this spot??

so i took peanut to the vet for this spot a few months ago, it wasn’t as bad as it was but i was concerned that it was a fungal infection. the vet told me that it was just stuck on shed and that it definitely wasn’t an infection and that basically getting the test done was a waste of time and a waste of money (literally her words lol). once she shed the spot still didn’t go away so i wanted to give it a month or two to see if it was just discolored because of the lack of sunlight or something. fast forward about 2-3 months it’s grown and it’s become more yellow. but also in certain spots it has started to shrink. i looked up fungal infections and i don’t think they look very similar but i’m not sure☹️ her appetite hasn’t really shrank she just prefers fruits and veggies over worms but still eats them. and it doesn’t seem like any of her behaviors have changed at all but she doesn’t really like being around anyone but me but that’s how she’s always been (she’s about a year old)

Attachments

• 2F76281B-0BE1-4A07-97D4-F3FCC674E943.jpeg
    2F76281B-0BE1-4A07-97D4-F3FCC674E943.jpeg
    261.4 KB · Views: 108

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
so i took peanut to the vet for this spot a few months ago, it wasn’t as bad as it was but i was concerned that it was a fungal infection. the vet told me that it was just stuck on shed and that it definitely wasn’t an infection and that basically getting the test done was a waste of time and a waste of money (literally her words lol). once she shed the spot still didn’t go away so i wanted to give it a month or two to see if it was just discolored because of the lack of sunlight or something. fast forward about 2-3 months it’s grown and it’s become more yellow. but also in certain spots it has started to shrink. i looked up fungal infections and i don’t think they look very similar but i’m not sure☹️ her appetite hasn’t really shrank she just prefers fruits and veggies over worms but still eats them. and it doesn’t seem like any of her behaviors have changed at all but she doesn’t really like being around anyone but me but that’s how she’s always been (she’s about a year old)
I think its shed --- but we can have ahbd take a look
@AHBD

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree with AHBD it looks a bit off to me, too. The lamisil or monistat topical anti-fungal cream can help
& should be easy to find at most drug stores.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom