What is this?? Pulled out of superworm

Ziggyjessie

Somewhat gross photos below.
So yesterday I was feeding my beardie and afterwards I noticed that one of the superworms was acting weird. Originally it looked dead so I thought nothing of it but when I went to remove it I noticed it was actually just laying on its back frantically moving it’s legs, still clearly dying, but that wasn’t the odd part.
When I looked closer I noticed a dark hole formed on its abdomen and there was something white and stringy protruding from the hole, which I pulled out with tweezers to reveal this. My worst fear is this being some kind of parasitic worm, but I’m hoping it’s somehow the result of the other worms cannabalizing it or something? Does anybody know what this is?
549E4BEC-AB74-4901-ACB1-0357113A9BE8.jpg

0D6B25B1-1213-440A-9A7F-4109D0DE5DF6.jpg

This part is unrelated but has anybody else had their superworms eat through the plastic container to freedom? My cat alerted me to the jailbreak this morning and I was more amazed than anything. 6425E077-6B6E-4132-8F24-D87EDC22CADA.jpeg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Quick call Ridley the alliens are back for round two lol. Honestly i dunno what it is, but it's friggen creepy

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom