What is the best iguana to buy?

Hatchi

Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
Hello
What is the best and kindest iguana species? What species is the best for beginners who have not had a iguana before? Do iguanas bite?
Please answer all of these questions.

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
Iguanas can be difficult at times. They definitely are not as easy to tame as a beardie thats forsure. Some will never chill out. In my experience with iguanas rhinos are hands down the most chill.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra

the first link is for greens, i would definitely wath this video before getting one.

The 2nd video is other iguana options

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
All in all Clints channel is pretty cool.

Hatchi

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
Iguanas can be difficult at times. They definitely are not as easy to tame as a beardie thats forsure. Some will never chill out. In my experience with iguanas rhinos are hands down the most chill.
Thanks for the reply!
I highly appreciate it!

PavelYasko

Hey there! I'm new to this forum but I couldn't resist commenting on your post about iguanas. Regarding the best and kindest species, I recommend the green iguana.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Hey there! I'm new to this forum but I couldn't resist commenting on your post about iguanas. Regarding the best and kindest species, I recommend the green iguana.
Go watch the first video, clint is not just a keeper his education is in reptiles and biology

PavelYasko

They are one of the most popular species kept as pets and are known for being docile and friendly. For beginners, they can be a good choice as long as you do your research and are prepared for their specific needs. Check pocketpetcentral.com to get the answers on questions like do iguanas attack humans and similar. I hope that helps you!

Hatchi

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
They are one of the most popular species kept as pets and are known for being docile and friendly. For beginners, they can be a good choice as long as you do your research and are prepared for their specific needs. Check pocketpetcentral.com to get the answers on questions like do iguanas attack humans and similar. I hope that helps you!
Thanks so much!:)

TobiasSlater

Selecting the right iguana as a pet is crucial, and there are several factors to take into account. It's not just about finding the "best" iguana, but rather the one that suits your lifestyle and preferences. Iguanas vary in size, temperament, and care requirements. For instance, the Green Iguana is one of the most common choices, but they can grow quite large and require ample space. Other options like the Lesser Antillean Iguana may be more manageable in size.

TobiasSlater

Selecting the right iguana as a pet is crucial, and there are several factors to take into account. It's not just about finding the "best" iguana, but rather the one that suits your lifestyle and preferences. Iguanas vary in size, temperament, and care requirements. For instance, the Green Iguana is one of the most common choices, but they can grow quite large and require ample space. Other options like the Lesser Antillean Iguana may be more manageable in size.

For a comprehensive guide on choosing the perfect iguana for your specific needs, you should definitely explore tortoiseowner.com. They offer valuable information and resources for reptile enthusiasts, helping you make an informed decision about your potential pet.

Hatchi

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
Thank you for replying! I highly appreciate it! I've never heard of the Lesser Antillean Iguana before. I'll have do some research about that species.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The Lesser Antillean is an endangered species. Are you confusing them with other types ?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom