What is normal activity level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rango101

So I have an 11 mo old beardie who more recently seems to be a lot more chill than I'm used to. Like as a juvenile he would run around the viv a bunch but now a days he has no interest in leaving his viv and he just lays in the basking spot nearly all day. He still eats and poops normally. He has a 4x2x2 with a reptisun 10.0 12 in from the basking spot it's only a couple months old and his basking spot is 100 and cool side is 83. Is this normal adult behavior? I've just never had such a chill beardie before who is content to just bask for hours, it makes me worried that he's lethargic but maybe it's just normal for him? I attached a pic of his usual spot.
111382-4382332112.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
As they get older the activity level drops or so I have noticed w/ mine - let him out of his tank so he can run around the LR floor or some part of the house w / no other pets - or watch him around other pets --- he looks good to me

rango101

Original Poster
Whenever I let him out in my room or on my bed he doesn't really want to explore, he just kind of sits there, and sometimes he hides when I put him back. So maybe it's just sensory overload? Just seems weird he just wants to chill in his viv and not explore anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom